Advice on replacing my Giro Boreas

John Rees

Guest
I am looking for advice on a new helmet. I have been wearing a Giro
Boreas.

I have tried one some of the newer models, such as the Pneumo and the
Atmos. Neither of these fit me like the Boreas did, and the Atmos is a
bit pricy anyways. I’ve also tried several Bell helmets with little
satisfaction. Maybe I am just used to my old helmet, but I have yet to
find a new one that seems to fit as well.

So my question is. Folks who have replaced a Boreas with a newer
helmet, what have you found that worked for you? I am looking for a
lightweight, well ventilated helmet. And yes, I will confess I want it
to look decent and not too fredly :)

Any suggestions?

John Rees <[email protected]> wrote in news:pnGag.270$Qg.18
@tornado.southeast.rr.com:
> I have tried one some of the newer models, such as the Pneumo and the
> Atmos. Neither of these fit me like the Boreas did

Try the mid-range Giro helmets. They fit a little differently from the
Pneumo and Atmos. Helmet fit should be your primary criteria.

On Wed, 17 May 2006 14:25:25 GMT, John Rees <[email protected]> wrote:

>I am looking for advice on a new helmet. I have been wearing a Giro
>Boreas.
>
>I have tried one some of the newer models, such as the Pneumo and the
>Atmos. Neither of these fit me like the Boreas did, and the Atmos is a
>bit pricy anyways. I’ve also tried several Bell helmets with little
>satisfaction. Maybe I am just used to my old helmet, but I have yet to
>find a new one that seems to fit as well.
>
>So my question is. Folks who have replaced a Boreas with a newer
>helmet, what have you found that worked for you? I am looking for a
>lightweight, well ventilated helmet. And yes, I will confess I want it
>to look decent and not too fredly :)
>
>Any suggestions?

Take a look at the Giro Eclipse.

Life is Good!
Jeff

John Rees wrote:
> I am looking for advice on a new helmet. I have been wearing a Giro
> Boreas.
>
> I have tried one some of the newer models, such as the Pneumo and the
> Atmos. Neither of these fit me like the Boreas did, and the Atmos is a
> bit pricy anyways. I've also tried several Bell helmets with little
> satisfaction. Maybe I am just used to my old helmet, but I have yet to
> find a new one that seems to fit as well.
>
> So my question is. Folks who have replaced a Boreas with a newer
> helmet, what have you found that worked for you? I am looking for a
> lightweight, well ventilated helmet. And yes, I will confess I want it
> to look decent and not too fredly :)
>
> Any suggestions?

Giro Eclipse - or - I have found eBay to have some new Boreas once in a
while. I got the yellow/orange one to replace mine that I crashed.