Advice on worn saddle

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Smudger, May 1, 2003.

  1. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    Tags:

  2. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

  3. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I've had my saddle for a while now but I think it's slightly worn. Can saddles wear out?

    Yes. The true indicator is when the seat post enters your body orifices unimpeded. This may or may
    not be pleasurable, I'm not adventurous enough to find out.

    Pete

  4. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Thu, 1 May 2003 18:24:14 +0000 (UTC), "Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >This may or may not be pleasurable, I'm not adventurous enough to find out.

    It's not pleasurable at all - not even when wearing the talc that Helen both erroneously and
    deludedly believes I swear at.

    I've had the nasty experience of having a gel saddle (spit) fall apart on me. I've also had to ride
    a few hundred yards without any saddle at all.

    No, Peter, neither experience was pleasurable: not one little bit.

    James

    --
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Larrau.jpg

  5. >Here's a pic:

    >http://www.bikecult.com/works/saddles/ralpro76.jpg

    Nah - get another 20 years out of that ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  6. In message <[email protected]>, Smudger <[email protected]> writes
    >I've had my saddle for a while now but I think it's slightly worn. Can saddles wear out?
    >
    >Here's a pic:
    >
    >http://www.bikecult.com/works/saddles/ralpro76.jpg

    LOL

    It's not even slightly worn, it just needs breaking in. A bit of lard will help. (Not being in my
    school year this reference to lard may be lost on you, Smudger. Still, do you remember the 'tossing
    in the blanket sketch' at the Eisteddfod? Was it Tim Harrington?)
    --
    Michael MacClancy

  7. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Thu, 1 May 2003 17:26:27 +0100, "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I've had my saddle for a while now but I think it's slightly worn. Can saddles wear out?

    You clearly need one of these: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/real-man.html

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  8. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On 01 May 2003 19:30:58 GMT, [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:

    >>It's not pleasurable at all - not even when wearing the talc that Helen both erroneously and
    >>deludedly believes I swear at.
    >
    >Now then, now then, James - *you* said you swear by talc. I just expanded on the image a bit :)

    I did swear at it this morning when I dropped it in the bath. But, Helen, was I being unfair? Should
    I have instead sworn at the water, myself or even those Johnson's babies?

    >Well I suppose it depends on one's personal preferences as to whether or not it would be found
    >pleasurable ;-)

    It's probably a Northern thing! Whoops! I'm from oop there too. (No, not up there.)

    James

    --
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Larrau.jpg

  9. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Thu, 01 May 2003 22:36:17 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >You clearly need one of these: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/real-man.html

    Edmund: Er, yes, well, well, I hope you had a pleasant inheritance ... Did I say `inheritance'? I
    meant `journey'. [motions around the table] If you'd just like to help yourself to a legacy -- er,
    a chair...

    Aunt: `Chair'? You have chairs in your house?

    Edmund: Oh, yes.

    Aunt: [slaps him twice] Wicked child!!! Chairs are an invention of Satan! In our house, Nathaniel
    sits on a spike!

    Edmund: ...and yourself...?

    Aunt: I sit on Nathaniel -- two spikes would be an extravagance.

    James

    --
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Larrau.jpg

  10. Alex Graham

    Alex Graham Guest

    James Hodson wrote:

    > Edmund: Er, yes, well, well, I hope you had a pleasant inheritance ... Did I say `inheritance'? I
    > meant `journey'. [motions around the table] If you'd just like to help yourself to a legacy -- er,
    > a chair...
    >
    > Aunt: `Chair'? You have chairs in your house?
    >
    > Edmund: Oh, yes.
    >
    > Aunt: [slaps him twice] Wicked child!!! Chairs are an invention of Satan! In our house, Nathaniel
    > sits on a spike!
    >
    > Edmund: ...and yourself...?
    >
    > Aunt: I sit on Nathaniel -- two spikes would be an extravagance.

    Woo for blackadder :)

    --

    -Alex

    [email protected]