Advice on worn saddle

"Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I've had my saddle for a while now but I think it's slightly worn. Can saddles wear out?

Yes. The true indicator is when the seat post enters your body orifices unimpeded. This may or may
not be pleasurable, I'm not adventurous enough to find out.

Pete

On Thu, 1 May 2003 18:24:14 +0000 (UTC), "Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote:

>This may or may not be pleasurable, I'm not adventurous enough to find out.

It's not pleasurable at all - not even when wearing the talc that Helen both erroneously and
deludedly believes I swear at.

I've had the nasty experience of having a gel saddle (spit) fall apart on me. I've also had to ride
a few hundred yards without any saddle at all.

No, Peter, neither experience was pleasurable: not one little bit.

James

--
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Larrau.jpg

>Here's a pic:
>
>http://www.bikecult.com/works/saddles/ralpro76.jpg

Nah - get another 20 years out of that ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

In message <[email protected]>, Smudger <[email protected]> writes
>I've had my saddle for a while now but I think it's slightly worn. Can saddles wear out?
>
>Here's a pic:
>
>http://www.bikecult.com/works/saddles/ralpro76.jpg

LOL

It's not even slightly worn, it just needs breaking in. A bit of lard will help. (Not being in my
school year this reference to lard may be lost on you, Smudger. Still, do you remember the 'tossing
in the blanket sketch' at the Eisteddfod? Was it Tim Harrington?)
--
Michael MacClancy

On Thu, 1 May 2003 17:26:27 +0100, "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I've had my saddle for a while now but I think it's slightly worn. Can saddles wear out?

You clearly need one of these: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/real-man.html

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

On 01 May 2003 19:30:58 GMT, [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:

>>It's not pleasurable at all - not even when wearing the talc that Helen both erroneously and
>>deludedly believes I swear at.
>
>Now then, now then, James - *you* said you swear by talc. I just expanded on the image a bit :)

I did swear at it this morning when I dropped it in the bath. But, Helen, was I being unfair? Should
I have instead sworn at the water, myself or even those Johnson's babies?

>Well I suppose it depends on one's personal preferences as to whether or not it would be found
>pleasurable ;-)

It's probably a Northern thing! Whoops! I'm from oop there too. (No, not up there.)

James

--

On Thu, 01 May 2003 22:36:17 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

>You clearly need one of these: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/real-man.html

Edmund: Er, yes, well, well, I hope you had a pleasant inheritance ... Did I say `inheritance'? I
meant `journey'. [motions around the table] If you'd just like to help yourself to a legacy -- er,
a chair...

Aunt: `Chair'? You have chairs in your house?

Edmund: Oh, yes.

Aunt: [slaps him twice] Wicked child!!! Chairs are an invention of Satan! In our house, Nathaniel
sits on a spike!

Edmund: ...and yourself...?

Aunt: I sit on Nathaniel -- two spikes would be an extravagance.

James

--

James Hodson wrote:

> Edmund: Er, yes, well, well, I hope you had a pleasant inheritance ... Did I say `inheritance'? I
> meant `journey'. [motions around the table] If you'd just like to help yourself to a legacy -- er,
> a chair...
>
> Aunt: `Chair'? You have chairs in your house?
>
> Edmund: Oh, yes.
>
> Aunt: [slaps him twice] Wicked child!!! Chairs are an invention of Satan! In our house, Nathaniel
> sits on a spike!
>
> Edmund: ...and yourself...?
>
> Aunt: I sit on Nathaniel -- two spikes would be an extravagance.

Woo for blackadder :)

--

-Alex

[email protected]