Advice please anyone??!!!

Hairy_Henry

Jul 11, 2005
Hi all,

I am interested in getting a road bike after years of mountain bike riding but I am not sure which bike to get. I want to spend around £400 to £500 maximum which should get me a basic entry level bike as I dont wont to be a "all the gear and no idea" bloke with a £1000000 road bike as it will be my first proper road bike! I am condsidering either a specialized allez double or a Scott S5 so any comments on either would be appreciated. Also I have seen last years versions of these bikes on sale for £100 to £150 less than this years models. Is there much of a difference to make it worth me spending £100+ more for the current versions of these bikes?

Thanks

Henry

Hairy_Henry said:
Hi all,

I am interested in getting a road bike after years of mountain bike riding but I am not sure which bike to get. I want to spend around £400 to £500 maximum which should get me a basic entry level bike as I dont wont to be a "all the gear and no idea" bloke with a £1000000 road bike as it will be my first proper road bike! I am condsidering either a specialized allez double or a Scott S5 so any comments on either would be appreciated. Also I have seen last years versions of these bikes on sale for £100 to £150 less than this years models. Is there much of a difference to make it worth me spending £100+ more for the current versions of these bikes?

Thanks

Henry

not that you won't get advice here, but you might get better advice from a road forum ;)