Advice, please on a WIDE (700 x 36) commuting tire.

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 00:18:42 +0000, Kinky Cowboy <[email protected]>
wrote:

>The bling choice is Schwalbe Marathon Supreme, expensive but
>brilliant. Conti Sport Contact is good too.

Continental Contact (don't know how different this is from the "Sport
Contact") wore really well for me. However, it wasn't as good at
puncture resistance as Vittoria Randonneurs, and getting the Contact
on and off was a bear. (Repeat for emphasis: Contacts are darned hard
to get on and off the rim, IME.) Eventually I tore the Contact up
fixing a flat -- damaged the sidewall wrestling with tire irons -- but
this was after some 4,000 miles. Tread was still good. Two plastic
tire "irons" weren't...

Pat

Email address works as is.

baaaaa,

try cleaning rim tube tire then spraying inside tite, tube, tire bead
with CRC HD silicone available at walmort.

let me tell you how to dismount a tire.
clean/wipe tire rim with rag.
deflate tire delfate deflate
spray (if available) dismount sidewall section with CRC
squeeze tire walls together 360 degrees away from you
insert Park's lever away from you and hook
squeeze squueze squeeze tires wall's toward lever
repeat three times and squeezing wall's together toward rim center.
insert second park's lever next to first lever
pry out and hook
repeat with 3rd lever next to 2nd lever
remove 1st lever and place next to 3rd lever
or use 4th lever from second pack levers
repeat until bead is loose so that a finger inserted can be run along
rim top dislodging and pulling tire bead over rim top edge.
to mount:
clean all surfaces - with CRC and rag or thinner and rags then CHOH
and rag to remove thinner then spray with CRC lubing all surfaces
(clean rim braking surface when done)
place lever again away from you and hook in BUT THIS TIME USE A
EUROPEAN HOOKED LEVER not a park's spoonbill. HOOK IT.
then center tire bead 360 degrees
and squeeze tire wall's toward HOOKED LEVER
repeat repeat repeat.
now the tire wall and bead will go over the rim.
and you thought you knew how to do that...
the tire's and rims are mostly the same - the techniques are not

this is the last time I will write this in RBT!
savor

let me tell you I wrote that wrong BUT I WAS THE FIRST TO WRITE IT.
baaaaaa STUPID. I'll do it over.