Advice please on Giant Boulder

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Jim Roberts, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Jim Roberts

    Jim Roberts Guest

    Hi everyone.

    Have been offered the cycle below for £80.

    What I am really asking is. Is it a realistic price ?

    M.T.B Make Giant. Model Boulder Alu Lite Frame 21 in Aluxx 6061 Gears 21 Shimano

    Looks in very good condition with hardly any marks to the frame or wheel rims. Tyres look brand new
    as well. Everything works, as it should.

    The seller says its about 18 months old and not stolen.... Had it checked out by to local
    constabulary and it seems ok.

    Thanks

    JimR

    Tags:

  2. W K

    W K Guest

    "Jim Roberts" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone.
    >
    > Have been offered the cycle below for £80.
    >
    > What I am really asking is. Is it a realistic price ?

    They were about 200-215 new, so it looks pretty cheap really (guessing its the rigid frame version).
    (maby not ... I re-read below ... 150 quid would be good if its old stock in something like one of
    those Ebay bargain shops)

    > M.T.B Make Giant. Model Boulder Alu Lite Frame 21 in Aluxx 6061 Gears 21 Shimano

    "altus" at that which is at least better than SIS? Tektro V brakes? Note too threads for rear _and_
    front paniers.

    > Looks in very good condition with hardly any marks to the frame or wheel rims. Tyres look brand
    > new as well. Everything works, as it should.
    >
    > The seller says its about 18 months old and not stolen....

    Actually if its been used then 80 quid is probably about right depending on condition. This bike has
    the added recommendation as to the only MTB I saw in amsterdam.