Advice Please! Touring in US after RAAM

Sputnick

Jun 26, 2003
My RAAM involvement will finish with the presentations and the Banquette on the 2nd July, that gives us about 1 week to make our way to Northbrook for the HPV racing.
We are thinking about maybe getting on a bus say until about 500-600km out of Chicago and riding into town, maybe!!!
I'm looking for other suggestions from some of you US guys for a good way to fill in this week i.e. good car free ways to get to Chicago and nice cycling scenery etc

After Northbrook we would like to tour the Nth East part of the US maybe even into Canada and arrive in Boston on or around the 16th July then maybe bus it to New York City for a bit of a look at the Big Apple then back to LA for a day or 2 and home in Oz on the 26tn July......
Any suggestions in regards these tentative travel plans are most welcome

Glenn

Sputnick said:
My RAAM involvement will finish with the presentations and the Banquette on the 2nd July, that gives us about 1 week to make our way to Northbrook for the HPV racing.
We are thinking about maybe getting on a bus say until about 500-600km out of Chicago and riding into town, maybe!!!
I'm looking for other suggestions from some of you US guys for a good way to fill in this week i.e. good car free ways to get to Chicago and nice cycling scenery etc

Hell you have a whole week... just ride to Chicago :D

You can ride into the city easily on the many bike paths listed at the following link.
http://www.mikebentley.com/bike/illpaths.htm

Another option is to rent a car just to drive into town. Safer and as cost effective as a bus ticket.

You may have MORE problem putting you bike and kit on a bus. Bus service here in the USA is terrible.