Advice please

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Andy, Jun 9, 2003.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Which is better 700x23's or 700x25's??

    Would the different tyre choices make much difference??

    Thanks

    Andy

    Tags:

  2. Not Me

    Not Me Guest

    Andy deftly scribbled:

    > Which is better 700x23's or 700x25's??

    Depends what you use them for .. ;) 25's _may_ be better on rougher road surfaces, they would (for
    the same air pressure) have a little more 'give' in them .. but not much ..

    > Would the different tyre choices make much difference??

    Not a great deal.

    --
    Digweed

  3. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Andy wrote:
    > Which is better 700x23's or 700x25's??
    >
    > Would the different tyre choices make much difference??

    It does make quite a difference. The 25's aren't just about 2mm wider, they're 2mm taller as well.
    As well as more grip, all that extra volume of air provides more cushioning. But they're usually
    slower because wider tyres tend to be inflated to lower pressures.

    For fast riding on a good road bike, 23's are more the usual choice (for summer at least). You might
    want to use 25's (or even wider) for more casual riding - or for riding over relatively rough bumpy
    roads, or if you or your luggage is heavy.

    I like the Vittoria Open Corsa 23 because it's actually a bit fat for a 23 - so more comfy, but
    still very fast. Expensive and doesn't last long, though.

    ~PB