Advice pse on damage due to road surfsce

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Pinky, Mar 26, 2006.

  1. Jim Ley

    Jim Ley Guest

    On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:46:08 GMT, "Paulmouk" <paulmo Rusty Car
    [email protected]> wrote:

    >The lack of maintenance has reached the stage where larger and larger
    >amounts of the budget are going on compensation, therefore further
    >exacerbating lack of money for maintenance.

    So perhaps a good idea would be to remove or reduce this compensation
    element...

    >If the road has failed then this treatment won't last very long and the
    >money is wasted.
    >It's done to try and satisfy as many people as possible.

    Such as the people who phone up to complain about a particular
    pothole? Or are you expecting the council to close the road for 2
    weeks the next day without warning to resurface the entire road - and
    do have sufficient crews on standby to do this?

    Jim.

  2. Jim Ley

    Jim Ley Guest

    On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 01:33:58 GMT, "Pinky"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have been very aware of a quite considerable deterioration in the
    >quality of road surfaces in recent years .

    The road surfaces in the UK are absolutely excellent on a world level,
    I agree with Simon, spending the money to maintain them at this level
    is not a good use - there's no use for speed bumps when there's giant
    potholes, poor road surfaces change behaviour as much as these more
    expensive options.

    >I take a very different view to your main comment when I know that
    >expenditure on road maintenance has been put on a "back burner" for several
    >years.

    I think that was Simon's point - save the money on the roads...

    Jim.