Advice regarding purchasing first road bike

garagehand

Sep 8, 2009
Hello there,

I have been cycling for about 3 years, just over 10 miles a day to work and back on a ridgeback cyclone.

I've decided to get a new road bike under my employers ride2work scheme and will have a budget of £750 and I have to purchase my bike from EVANS.

I know very little about bikes, gears, forks etc, and would like some advice on what I should look for. I want something a lot faster then the ridgeback as of the last year I have been stuck on the highest gear for most of my journey and its still feels slow,

Regards

Shaz

just about to purchase myself allso looking at evans on line as im in ireland from what i hear if you check the components list for each bike is very important like brakes chainrings cassettes tyres and rims if their good names like shimano and bontager tyres and rims for example ,allso if intergra parts are mentioned on the list ...from what i hear 750 quid will get you pretty good bike ,was looking at a 'trek 1.2 tripple' its going for 575 quid at the moment am very interested in this one plus it has a good component list ....would like any imput from anyone ?

hod65 said:
just about to purchase myself allso looking at evans on line as im in ireland from what i hear if you check the components list for each bike is very important like brakes chainrings cassettes tyres and rims if their good names like shimano and bontager tyres and rims for example ,allso if intergra parts are mentioned on the list ...from what i hear 750 quid will get you pretty good bike ,was looking at a 'trek 1.2 tripple' its going for 575 quid at the moment am very interested in this one plus it has a good component list ....would like any imput from anyone ?

Thanks for your input. I havn'y got a clue what the different components do so will have to look online, the one style of bike i do like the bianci, although the one for £750 is described as a entry level bike, Bianchi Nirone 7 Mirage Compact 2009 Road Bike, I will have a look at the compoents on that one, any other opinons appreciated. :)