Advice sought

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Centurian Ooo'Y, Feb 23, 2003.

  1. Just purchased a "Saracen Havoc" ... okay it was my choice so respect it.... anyway this suspension
    thingy... it seems to be adjustable .. so if I "adjust" it towards the handlebars will that make the
    suspension lighter or heavier ???

    Also, anybody in the group have a Saracen Havoc ... anybody like to own up to having one ?? if so...

    What lights do you use .... ?? Replacement disc pad's what make do you purchse?? Do the forks need
    maintenance??

    A very big Muckle Thanks to you.

    Tags:

  2. "Centurian Ooo'yabass" <Centurian_Ooo'[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just purchased a "Saracen Havoc" ... okay it was my choice so respect
    it....
    > anyway this suspension thingy... it seems to be adjustable .. so if I "adjust" it towards the
    > handlebars will that make the suspension lighter
    or
    > heavier ???

    I take it you have a coil spring rear suspension - if so tighten the collar to stiffen up the
    suspension and loosen the collar to make the suspension more bouncy. IIRC that's just about all the
    adjustment you get . Ideally set it so that you use up 15-20% of the available suspension movement
    when you sit on it without moving.

    > Also, anybody in the group have a Saracen Havoc ... anybody like to own up to having one ??
    > if so...

    Nope - sorry

    > What lights do you use .... ??

    Lumicycle www.lumicycle.co.uk however you may not want to pay getting on for the cost of the bike
    for a set of lights. Others here will be more able to help with utility lights if that's what
    you're after.

    > Replacement disc pad's what make do you purchse??

    Any make that fits the particular sort of disc caliper is generally fine - unless you start doing
    serious off road in poor conditions then you're unlikely to need new pads for a good long time.

    > Do the forks need maintenance??

    Yes - when they stop bouncing up and down (or go very stiff) they need stripping down and
    regreasing, other than that a little light oil wiped on the stanchions to keep the seals lubed every
    now and then will be fine. Again unless you start doing serious off road in poor conditions then
    you're unlikely to need to strip your forks down for a number of years.

    And get it off road :)

    HTH

    Russ

  3. Cheers for the advice Russell...

    Its going down to Glentress ( Peebles ) this weekend "Black" run on Sat... "Red" run sun .. that
    should put it through its paces

    Again Muckle Thanks .....

    news:[email protected]...