Advice - Thanks

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Nalac, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. Nalac

    Nalac Guest

    A week or so ago I posted asking advice regarding buying jacket & boots. Thanks to all those that
    answered my query and hello also to all those from South Wales (Fran, John, Paul etc) Followed the
    Gore Tex thread with interest and was not sure now how much to spend etc but whilst in Abergavenny
    on the weekend I noticed a Lowe Alpine Borah Jacket going for £99 which seemed ok?
    http://www.cmmonline.co.uk/shop/items/default.asp?id=65307000 I then found it on line for £30
    cheaper and have ordered it from a place called Chevintrek in Leeds - seems a reasonable jacket for
    £70? Boots: there seemed some debate if they really are necessary for my needs - summer walking
    mostly, but as I have been out 3 times in the last week - Sugar Loaf, Blorenge and my local hill Y
    Domen Fawr I can see me progressing to more than just the summer stuff - I'd like to take on some
    big walks this year. Cheers all.

    Tags:

  2. Nalac wrote:

    > hello also to all those from South Wales (Fran, John, Paul etc)

    Hello.

    > as I have been out 3 times in the last week - Sugar Loaf, Blorenge and my local hill Y Domen Fawr

    Oh, that's interesting. Y Domen Fawr and Blorenge are on my list of hills to visit in the near
    future, along with Mynydd Carn-y-cefn and Coity Mountain.

    If you fancy meeting up for a walk sometime perhaps you could give me the benefit of your local
    knowledge and show me the best routes and viewpoints?

    Maybe Bill and/or Fran would like to come too?

    Paul
    --
    http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk
    http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk

  3. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...
    > If you fancy meeting up for a walk sometime perhaps you could give me the benefit of your local
    > knowledge and show me the best routes and viewpoints?
    >
    > Maybe Bill and/or Fran would like to come too?

    Only if it's not in the least bit strenuous. I'm *incredibly* unfit at the moment because I've not
    really been out since I had the op on my hoof last summer.
    --
    Fran If you need my email address please ask.