ADVICE WANTED - Aero Bars

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by Joe Kallal, Apr 20, 2006.

  1. Joe Kallal

    Joe Kallal Guest

    Hey ya'all,

    Sorry I know this is a MARKETPLACE list, but I know there are some sharp
    folks on here.. .Could use some help.

    I just got a new rig and it has oversized bars (the new fangled Easton
    EA50) - which are OS toward the middle. Does anyone have experice or ideas
    on HOW to mount a set of Syntace C2's on to this type of bars...? Adapter?
    (uugh) Grinder? :) Not sure you can gring cast AL...

    Thanks to all ...

    Joe

    Tags:

  2. Joe Kallal wrote:
    > Hey ya'all,
    >
    > Sorry I know this is a MARKETPLACE list, but I know there are some
    > sharp folks on here.. .Could use some help.
    >
    > I just got a new rig and it has oversized bars (the new fangled Easton
    > EA50) - which are OS toward the middle. Does anyone have experice or
    > ideas on HOW to mount a set of Syntace C2's on to this type of
    > bars...? Adapter? (uugh) Grinder? :) Not sure you can gring cast
    > AL...
    > Thanks to all ...
    >
    > Joe

    New clamps if they're available, or new aerobars.
    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  3. xavier

    xavier New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2003
    Hate to say it but new aero bars. Much safer than trying to rig them to work.

    If they are too expensive you can try buying a set of 26.0 bars and an adapter for the stem to accept the 26.0 bars.

    But I would just buy a set of new OS aero bars. Easier to install.

  4. Joe Kallal wrote:
    > Hey ya'all,
    >
    > Sorry I know this is a MARKETPLACE list, but I know there are some sharp
    > folks on here.. .Could use some help.
    >
    > I just got a new rig and it has oversized bars (the new fangled Easton
    > EA50) - which are OS toward the middle. Does anyone have experice or ideas
    > on HOW to mount a set of Syntace C2's on to this type of bars...? Adapter?
    > (uugh) Grinder? :) Not sure you can gring cast AL...
    >
    > Thanks to all ...
    >
    > Joe

    Profile are for the 31.8/26mm hbars, if yours are for 26mm, either new
    hbar and stem(26mm) or new tri-bars.

  5. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

    >Hey ya'all,
    >
    >Sorry I know this is a MARKETPLACE list, but I know there are some sharp
    >folks on here.. .Could use some help.
    >
    >I just got a new rig and it has oversized bars (the new fangled Easton
    >EA50) - which are OS toward the middle. Does anyone have experice or ideas
    >on HOW to mount a set of Syntace C2's on to this type of bars...? Adapter?
    >(uugh) Grinder? :) Not sure you can gring cast AL...

    The grinder is a big no-no. I would try getting new aero bars made for the
    larger section bars you currently have.
    Alex