Advice wanted

TiNcAn

Guest
Hi, i'm new to unicycling. I have a learner unicycle which i can now
ride around the street and mount without support. That is what I am up
to so far. I would like some advice as to what unicycle i should get
next. I want to get a decent one but I don't think I will get a KH or
something similiar yet unless you can convince me it's worth it/I need
it.

I wanted to know if I should get a trials or a freestyle 24" uni. Things
I had in mind were the
'Nimbus 24\" freestyle' (http://tinyurl.com/4jwm9)
or a
'Nimbus trials' (http://tinyurl.com/4md2x)

I'm open to any other suddestions as well. So far I have just been
riding around my street (which is a cauldesac). Eventually I would like
to do the trials stuff which is a while off so what do you think would
be the best uni for me to continue learning on and i guess later on let
me do some more advanced stuff.

Thanks for any help

--
TiNcAn
TiNcAn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9070

I have the Nimbus II freestyle 24," and I really like it, but unless you
want to do some distance riding and freestyle before going the trials
way, the trials unicycle would probably be best. The problem with the
Nimbus freestyle 24" is that it is something of a compromise, unless you
specifically want to do freestyle on a 24". Generally freestyle is done
best on a 20" although compromiser that I am, I always do it on my one
unicycle, the Nimbus 24". It might hold up to some trials and MUni, but
not much, and there are much better choices for those riding styles. And
if your fixated on distance riding, you should get at least a 29" wheel.
So the Nimbus II 24" is only good for those who can afford only one
unicycle, and like to ride distance and freestyle, plus light
off-roading. If you want to go trials whole hog, you should probably
consider the KH, unless you are constrained by your budget, although the
Nimbus trials would probably be fairly good.

jsm - Freestyle below Freezing!

jsm to BMX posers: "So, what do you do with the extra wheel?"
BMX poser: "Uhhh...., I dunno."

jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

Thanks,

Does a trials uni ride ok on road and is it capable of doing some basic
freestyle stuff? my dilemma is that i want to ride on the road a lot and
learn to do some freestyle stuff as well as jumping etc. So basically I
want to choose the one that does both best I guess.

--
TiNcAn
TiNcAn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9070

I live just outside of Penrith. Sounds like I should get a trials uni
then. Is it worth getting the nimbus cycle or something like that. I
would prefer not to spend as much as a KH is worth if I can avoid it but
I dont want to waste my money on something that isn't worth it.

--

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 01:55:20 -0600, "TiNcAn" wrote:

>Does a trials uni ride ok on road and is it capable of doing some basic
>freestyle stuff?

Your best bet right now is probably to get a decent trials unicycle.
If you are as enthousiastic as it seems from your post, you'll find
yourself buying dedicated unicycles for each type of riding you do.
Maybe the freestyle uni is next.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
It's impossible to get old when you ride a unicycle - John (what's in a name) Childs

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 01:55:20 -0600, "TiNcAn" wrote:

>Does a trials uni ride ok on road and is it capable of doing some

basic
>freestyle stuff?

Your best bet right now is probably to get a decent trials unicycle. If
you are as enthousiastic as it seems from your post, you'll find
yourself buying dedicated unicycles for each type of riding you do.
Maybe the freestyle uni is next.

Klaas Bil

Reposted directly on the forum, my original Usenet reply doesn't seem to
have made it here. - KB

--
Klaas Bil - Sir Prince of Newsgroupia
Klaas Bil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3442