Advise on wheels

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Oscarg, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Oscarg

    Oscarg Guest

    I would like to purchase a new set of wheels, and even though the subject about wheels may have been
    discussed in this forum to nauseaum, I still would like to hear some input. I am mostly interested
    on wheels with a 40-50 mm rim deep. The wheels will be used for racing and training

    Need some suggestions or opinions on the following wheels: Zipp 404, or 303's Spinergy's Tilium
    Carbon Mavic Carbone Mavic Ksyriums

    Thanks in advance. Oscar G Texas Lone Star Racing (TSLR)

    Tags:

  2. Kb

    Kb Guest

    Oscar,

    My honest recommendtion would be to buy a set of HED3 trispokes (faster than Zipps, etc.) for
    racing, and buy a set of $175 training wheels (Ultegra or 105 hubs, any rim).

    I have the 404's, and I wouldn't recommend them for every day training. I also found trispokes to be
    faster, but thats just my personal opinion.

    "OscarG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I would like to purchase a new set of wheels, and even though the subject about wheels may have
    > been discussed in this forum to nauseaum, I still would like to hear some input. I am mostly
    > interested on wheels with a 40-50 mm rim deep. The wheels will be used for racing and training
    >
    > Need some suggestions or opinions on the following wheels: Zipp 404, or 303's Spinergy's Tilium
    > Carbon Mavic Carbone Mavic Ksyriums
    >
    > Thanks in advance. Oscar G Texas Lone Star Racing (TSLR)

  3. Check these bad boys out:

    http://www.amclassic.com/Carbon_Wheels.html

    [email protected] (OscarG) wrote in news:984a286a.0301211249.6303edc7 @posting.google.com:

    > I would like to purchase a new set of wheels, and even though the subject about wheels may have
    > been discussed in this forum to nauseaum, I still would like to hear some input. I am mostly
    > interested on wheels with a 40-50 mm rim deep. The wheels will be used for racing and training
    >
    > Need some suggestions or opinions on the following wheels: Zipp 404, or 303's Spinergy's Tilium
    > Carbon Mavic Carbone Mavic Ksyriums
    >
    > Thanks in advance. Oscar G Texas Lone Star Racing (TSLR)

  4. Best advice is to take this to rec.bicycles.tech or rec.bicycles.marketplace. Both are more
    appropriate newsgroups.
    ---------------
    Alex

  5. << I still would like to hear some input. I am mostly interested on wheels with a 40-50 mm rim deep.
    The wheels will be used for racing and training

    Why not find a good wheel builder and have them design a wheelset specifically for you and
    your needs??

    Instead of a wheelset outta a box that will cost a bunch more and perform the same?

  6. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

    >I'm going to disagree with this statement. I tend to watch both, the people that tend to ride
    >are on rbr.

    Read the newsgroup charter and you will see why you are wrong.