Advise on wheels

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Oscarg, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscarg

Oscarg Guest

I would like to purchase a new set of wheels, and even though the subject about wheels may have been
    discussed in this forum to nauseaum, I still would like to hear some input. I am mostly interested
    on wheels with a 40-50 mm rim deep. The wheels will be used for racing and training

Need some suggestions or opinions on the following wheels: Zipp 404, or 303's Spinergy's Tilium
    Carbon Mavic Carbone Mavic Ksyriums

Thanks in advance. Oscar G Texas Lone Star Racing (TSLR)

Tags:

2. Kb

Kb Guest

Oscar,

My honest recommendtion would be to buy a set of HED3 trispokes (faster than Zipps, etc.) for
    racing, and buy a set of $175 training wheels (Ultegra or 105 hubs, any rim).

I have the 404's, and I wouldn't recommend them for every day training. I also found trispokes to be
    faster, but thats just my personal opinion.

"OscarG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I would like to purchase a new set of wheels, and even though the subject about wheels may have
    > been discussed in this forum to nauseaum, I still would like to hear some input. I am mostly
    > interested on wheels with a 40-50 mm rim deep. The wheels will be used for racing and training
    >
    > Need some suggestions or opinions on the following wheels: Zipp 404, or 303's Spinergy's Tilium
    > Carbon Mavic Carbone Mavic Ksyriums
    >
    > Thanks in advance. Oscar G Texas Lone Star Racing (TSLR)

3. Check these bad boys out:

http://www.amclassic.com/Carbon_Wheels.html

[email protected] (OscarG) wrote in news:984a286a.0301211249.6303edc7 @posting.google.com:

> I would like to purchase a new set of wheels, and even though the subject about wheels may have
    > been discussed in this forum to nauseaum, I still would like to hear some input. I am mostly
    > interested on wheels with a 40-50 mm rim deep. The wheels will be used for racing and training
    >
    > Need some suggestions or opinions on the following wheels: Zipp 404, or 303's Spinergy's Tilium
    > Carbon Mavic Carbone Mavic Ksyriums
    >
    > Thanks in advance. Oscar G Texas Lone Star Racing (TSLR)

4. Best advice is to take this to rec.bicycles.tech or rec.bicycles.marketplace. Both are more
    appropriate newsgroups.
    ---------------
    Alex

5. << I still would like to hear some input. I am mostly interested on wheels with a 40-50 mm rim deep.
    The wheels will be used for racing and training

Why not find a good wheel builder and have them design a wheelset specifically for you and
    your needs??

Instead of a wheelset outta a box that will cost a bunch more and perform the same?

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

6. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    >
    >
    >I'm going to disagree with this statement. I tend to watch both, the people that tend to ride
    >are on rbr.

Read the newsgroup charter and you will see why you are wrong.
    -----------------
    Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.