Advise on wheels

Oscarg

Guest
I would like to purchase a new set of wheels, and even though the subject about wheels may have been
discussed in this forum to nauseaum, I still would like to hear some input. I am mostly interested
on wheels with a 40-50 mm rim deep. The wheels will be used for racing and training

Need some suggestions or opinions on the following wheels: Zipp 404, or 303's Spinergy's Tilium
Carbon Mavic Carbone Mavic Ksyriums

Thanks in advance. Oscar G Texas Lone Star Racing (TSLR)

Oscar,

My honest recommendtion would be to buy a set of HED3 trispokes (faster than Zipps, etc.) for
racing, and buy a set of $175 training wheels (Ultegra or 105 hubs, any rim).

I have the 404's, and I wouldn't recommend them for every day training. I also found trispokes to be
faster, but thats just my personal opinion.

"OscarG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I would like to purchase a new set of wheels, and even though the subject about wheels may have
> been discussed in this forum to nauseaum, I still would like to hear some input. I am mostly
> interested on wheels with a 40-50 mm rim deep. The wheels will be used for racing and training
>
> Need some suggestions or opinions on the following wheels: Zipp 404, or 303's Spinergy's Tilium
> Carbon Mavic Carbone Mavic Ksyriums
>
> Thanks in advance. Oscar G Texas Lone Star Racing (TSLR)

Check these bad boys out:

http://www.amclassic.com/Carbon_Wheels.html

[email protected] (OscarG) wrote in news:984a286a.0301211249.6303edc7 @posting.google.com:

> I would like to purchase a new set of wheels, and even though the subject about wheels may have
> been discussed in this forum to nauseaum, I still would like to hear some input. I am mostly
> interested on wheels with a 40-50 mm rim deep. The wheels will be used for racing and training
>
> Need some suggestions or opinions on the following wheels: Zipp 404, or 303's Spinergy's Tilium
> Carbon Mavic Carbone Mavic Ksyriums
>
> Thanks in advance. Oscar G Texas Lone Star Racing (TSLR)

Best advice is to take this to rec.bicycles.tech or rec.bicycles.marketplace. Both are more
appropriate newsgroups.
---------------
Alex

<< I still would like to hear some input. I am mostly interested on wheels with a 40-50 mm rim deep.
The wheels will be used for racing and training

Why not find a good wheel builder and have them design a wheelset specifically for you and
your needs??

Instead of a wheelset outta a box that will cost a bunch more and perform the same?

In article <[email protected]>, mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet says...

>I'm going to disagree with this statement. I tend to watch both, the people that tend to ride
>are on rbr.

Read the newsgroup charter and you will see why you are wrong.