Advise pls. replacement for cheese and crackers...

Eric

Guest
Hi everyone,

I just read here that cheese is generally quite bad for one's health.

I am a 33yo bachelor. Cheese and crackers is a definite staple for
me. Given what I've read I would like to completely replace it in my
diet. Honestly, I probably eat more than one meal per day of cheese
and crackers.

I need to find something that is just as easy to prepare and just as
satisfying but far healthier? Does anything like this exist?

Remember,
1) almost no prep nor clean up required
2) satisfying
3) I can't afford to buy a salad everyday from the grocery store.
4) nutritious

HELP!
thanks a lot
Eric

Eric

Guest
I'm thinking I will replace some of the cheese and crackers with
1) more tins of sockeye salmon
2) more mixed nuts(but not a lot more)
3)and some hardboiled eggs(haven't been eating these for a while).

any more suggestions?

thanks
Eric

Piezo Guru

Guest
Get a nutrition minded wife?

"Eric" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I'm thinking I will replace some of the cheese and crackers with
> 1) more tins of sockeye salmon
> 2) more mixed nuts(but not a lot more)
> 3)and some hardboiled eggs(haven't been eating these for a while).
>
> any more suggestions?
>
> thanks
> Eric

Sbharris[atsign]ix.netcom.com

Guest
Cheese and crackers would be less expensive. Even cheese and crackers
and 2 bypasses would be less expensive.

Seriously, I recommend replacement with almond butter and jelly
sandwiches. Use your favorite fruit jellies, and alternate fruit
jellies to include all the colors you can, consistant with what you
like.

Tomasso vs noise

Guest
"Eric" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just read here that cheese is generally quite bad for one's health.
>
> I am a 33yo bachelor. Cheese and crackers is a definite staple for
> me. Given what I've read I would like to completely replace it in my
> diet. Honestly, I probably eat more than one meal per day of cheese
> and crackers.
>
> I need to find something that is just as easy to prepare and just as
> satisfying but far healthier? Does anything like this exist?
>
> Remember,
> 1) almost no prep nor clean up required
> 2) satisfying
> 3) I can't afford to buy a salad everyday from the grocery store.
> 4) nutritious

Crackers, humus, avocado.

Piezo Guru

Guest
Yeah but the wheat bread will kill you now.

"Sbharris[atsign]ix.netcom.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Cheese and crackers would be less expensive. Even cheese and crackers
> and 2 bypasses would be less expensive.
>
> Seriously, I recommend replacement with almond butter and jelly
> sandwiches. Use your favorite fruit jellies, and alternate fruit
> jellies to include all the colors you can, consistant with what you
> like.

montygram

Guest
"I just read here that cheese is generally quite bad for one's health."

If you live by what you read here, and in the mainstream media, you
will eat nothing and starve to death. You need to learn about the
biochemistry of food. Raw cheese (either aged or if you can get the
soft cheese raw, freeze it for 2 weeks before eating it) is one of the
best things you can eat. I challenge anyone to cite a study
demonstrating how cheese eating in large amounts leads to heart
attacks, and I want to see molecular level or cellular level evidence,
not the statistical stuff where they ask people what they ate and they
determine what is "healthy." I can't even get these people to give me
a blank form that they use for these surveys, and I'm a sholar working
in this field. Isn't it funny how the heart attacks started around
1950, when Americans began eating lots of food that leads to a great
deal of lipid peroxidation, and eating much less food high in
antioxdiants. Then the high PUFA oils were pushed on us, and the
cancer rates went through the roof. I've got the old evidence, for
example, aside from some female cancers, the only cancer that people
got occassionally was stomach cancer, not prostate, not colon, etc. Do
some independent thinking, Eric, and you'll feel like Neo in The
Matrix, but you'll live a lot longer.

John Que

Guest
"Eric" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I'm thinking I will replace some of the cheese and crackers with
> 1) more tins of sockeye salmon

sardines and canned herring. I like pickled herring
but that is an ethnic thing and I not so sure
it is a health food. I also like smoked
salmon even if it carcinogen rich;-)

> 2) more mixed nuts(but not a lot more)

I'll suggest raw nuts and the best are nuts still in the shell.
Almonds, walnuts, pecans, so on. Plus certains
seeds like pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.

> 3)and some hardboiled eggs(haven't been eating these for a while).

Omega 3 eggs?

> any more suggestions?
>
> thanks
> Eric

RBR

Guest
On 18 Dec 2004 22:01:19 -0800, "montygram" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> I challenge anyone to cite a study
>demonstrating how cheese eating in large amounts leads to heart
>attacks, and I want to see molecular level or cellular level evidence,
>not the statistical stuff where they ask people what they ate and they
>determine what is "healthy."

True. Many health issues seemed to escalate around that time. As far
as the "dangers" of cheese and other dairy products, we just have to
look at the consumption habits of the Swiss to derail that myth.

Regards.

Rob