Aegis Frame Question

B. Lafferty

Guest
A friend has an Aegis carbon frame that has a hole through the bb area for
the front derraileur cable to pass. Question--Is there a procective sleeve
built into the frame to protect it fom the movement of the cable or is there
a guide of some kind that should be inserted. There was nothing there when
the old cable was removed, but the last shop to work on it was not renouned
for the quality of their service.

Thanks in advance.

B. Lafferty wrote:
> A friend has an Aegis carbon frame that has a hole through the bb area
> for the front derraileur cable to pass. Question-- Is there a procective
> sleeve built into the frame to protect it fom the movement of the cable
> or is there a guide of some kind that should be inserted. There was
> nothing there when the old cable was removed, but the last shop to work
> on it was not renouned for the quality of their service.
> Thanks in advance.

I've have an older version of the Aegis Aro (Racing BIK before the
company became Aegis, formerly Graphite Technologies). I bought the
frame bare and it did not have any cable liner for the front derraileur,
I did however installed a piece of cable liner to protect the frame, not
sure how it will effect shifting because I've to old downtube shifters.

Thanks for asking, it made me check my BIK and discover that the liner
is starting to rip. Time for a new piece if I can find it.

--

"kgatwork" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> B. Lafferty wrote:
> > A friend has an Aegis carbon frame that has a hole through the bb area
> > for the front derraileur cable to pass. Question-- Is there a

procective
> > sleeve built into the frame to protect it fom the movement of the

cable
> > or is there a guide of some kind that should be inserted. There was
> > nothing there when the old cable was removed, but the last shop to

work
> > on it was not renouned for the quality of their service.
> > Thanks in advance.

> I've have an older version of the Aegis Aro (Racing BIK before the
> company became Aegis, formerly Graphite Technologies). I bought the
> frame bare and it did not have any cable liner for the front derraileur,
> I did however installed a piece of cable liner to protect the frame, not
> sure how it will effect shifting because I've to old downtube shifters.
>
> Thanks for asking, it made me check my BIK and discover that the liner
> is starting to rip. Time for a new piece if I can find it.

Thanks. I'm going to insert a cable liner.