Aegis Frame Question

B. Lafferty

Guest
A friend has an Aegis carbon frame that has a hole through
the bb area for the front derraileur cable to pass. Question--
Is there a procective sleeve built into the frame to protect
it fom the movement of the cable or is there a guide of some
kind that should be inserted. There was nothing there when
the old cable was removed, but the last shop to work on it
was not renouned for the quality of their service.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by B. Lafferty
A friend has an Aegis carbon frame that has a hole through
the bb area for the front derraileur cable to pass. Question--
Is there a procective sleeve built into the frame to protect
it fom the movement of the cable or is there a guide of some
kind that should be inserted. There was nothing there when
the old cable was removed, but the last shop to work on it
was not renouned for the quality of their service.

Thanks in advance.

I've have an older version of the Aegis Aro (Racing BIK before the company became Aegis, formerly Graphite Technologies). I bought the frame bare and it did not have any cable liner for the front derraileur, I did however installed a piece of cable liner to protect the frame, not sure how it will effect shifting because I've to old downtube shifters.

Thanks for asking, it made me check my BIK and discover that the liner is starting to rip. Time for a new piece if I can find it.

"kgatwork" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> B. Lafferty wrote:
> > A friend has an Aegis carbon frame that has a hole
> > through the bb area for the front derraileur cable to
> > pass. Question-- Is there a
procective
> > sleeve built into the frame to protect it fom the
> > movement of the
cable
> > or is there a guide of some kind that should be
> > inserted. There was nothing there when the old cable
> > was removed, but the last shop to
work
> > on it was not renouned for the quality of their
> > service. Thanks in advance.
>

> I've have an older version of the Aegis Aro (Racing BIK
> before the company became Aegis, formerly Graphite
> Technologies). I bought the frame bare and it did not have
> any cable liner for the front derraileur, I did however
> installed a piece of cable liner to protect the frame, not
> sure how it will effect shifting because I've to old
> downtube shifters.
>
> Thanks for asking, it made me check my BIK and discover
> that the liner is starting to rip. Time for a new piece if
> I can find it.

Thanks. I'm going to insert a cable liner.