Aero bar selections

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Kent, Mar 21, 2003.

  1. Kent

    Kent Guest

    I'm sure this has been gone over ad infinitum in this forum, but what recommendations would you make
    for clip on aero bars. Price is obviously a concern. Any considerations for size of the rider? Are
    most systems adjustable enough to accomidate riders of varying range. BTW I'm on the smaller end of
    the spectrum.

    ~Matt

    Matt if you never ask you'll never know. Seems every manufacturer of aerobars has wised up to the
    fact that not all riders are the same size. You can pay the big bucks and buy Cinelli Angels or
    VisionTech trimax bars but if you're only looking for something clip on you still have a lot of
    choice. On the high end You can get the Deda aeroblue with give length adjustment but not rotation.
    I'm pretty sure in the mid to high range you can get almost any of the newest versions of Profile
    bars that give both length and rotational adjustment (good if you don't like the angle the bars bend
    at). Syntace sells both the C2 and the Ultralite in s/m/l sizes but no adjustability. I personally
    use a Cinelli Corna aero bar. It doesn't have rotational adjustment but it will adjust independant
    of the arm rests and give you a fit no other bar I know of can. Combine it with the right stem
    length for you and you are set. One tip though is to replace the rather thin armrests that come with
    the bar with a pair of CeeGee replacement pads. Your elbows and shoulders will thank you. Found mine
    at Excel for about $14 and they are for sure and great investment. Hope you find what you need to
    have the best ride you can.

    Cheers Kent

    Tags:

  2. Tom Rodgers

    Tom Rodgers Guest

    See SMP post on "if I could by just one bike component this year.

    "Kent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm sure this has been gone over ad infinitum in this forum, but what recommendations would you
    > make for clip on aero bars. Price is obviously a concern. Any considerations for size of the
    > rider? Are most systems adjustable enough to accomidate riders of varying range. BTW I'm on the
    > smaller end of the spectrum.
    >
    > ~Matt
    >

    > Matt if you never ask you'll never know. Seems every manufacturer of aerobars has wised up to the
    > fact that not all riders are the same size. You can pay the big bucks and buy Cinelli Angels or
    > VisionTech trimax bars but if you're only looking for something clip on you still have a lot of
    > choice. On the high end You can get the Deda aeroblue with give length adjustment but not
    > rotation. I'm pretty sure in the mid to high range you can get almost any of the newest versions
    > of Profile bars that give both length and rotational adjustment (good if you don't like the angle
    > the bars bend at). Syntace sells both the C2 and the Ultralite in s/m/l sizes but no
    > adjustability. I personally use a Cinelli Corna aero bar. It doesn't have rotational adjustment
    > but it will adjust independant of the arm rests and give you a fit no other bar I know of can.
    > Combine it with the right stem length for you and you are set. One tip though is to replace the
    > rather thin armrests that come with the bar with a pair of CeeGee replacement pads. Your elbows
    > and shoulders will thank you. Found mine at Excel for about $14 and they are for sure and great
    > investment. Hope you find what you need to have the best ride you can.
    >
    > Cheers Kent

  3. Yes, I thinkkkkkkk

    news:<%[email protected]>...