Aero bar suggestions

Hi All,

I've been bitten by the ITT bug, and have been spending more time on
my TT bike and am planning to do more races. The bike was built on the
cheap, cobbled together with inexpensive parts, and things I had lying
around. I am satisfied with most aspects of the bike, but I need to
change the bar set up.

Right now I have a 47cm wide stoker bar I am using as a base bar, and
some ITM straight extensions.

There are 2 problems with this set-up. The first is that when the
elbow rests are set at a good height, the base bar is too high. It
feels like I am on the hoods when I hold the base bar at the brakes,
while I would like it to be more like I am in the drops. If I need to
hold the bars there, it is for a technical section where I need
control, but want to hold a low position. I don't need a climbing type
standing hand position. The second problem is that when the elbow
rests are far enough apart to accomodate my shoulders, the extensions
are too far apart as they stick straight out of the clamps that hold
the rests. I'd like elbows wide (relatively) and hands narrow.

Any suggestions for particular (cheap) bars that offer a range of
adjustment that might be what I'm looking for? Ideally I'd like the
elbow rests to stack high from the base bar, and the extensions to be
able to be angled inwards toward the center, or seperate from the
elbow rests.

Joseph

[...]

I like Syntace with the lift kit.
There are lots of variations available, some you will need to try for your best combination of safety/aero-effectiveness/ergonomics/etc.

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:37:01 -0700 (PDT),

>feels like I am on the hoods when I hold the base bar at the brakes,
>while I would like it to be more like I am in the drops. If I need to
>hold the bars there, it is for a technical section where I need
>control, but want to hold a low position. I don't need a climbing type
>standing hand position.

Deda Akros base bar has quite a big drop, so you wouldn't need to
stack up the elbow rests

>elbow rests to stack high from the base bar, and the extensions to be
>able to be angled inwards toward the center, or seperate from the
>elbow rests.

And the Deda GCB has the elbow rests separate from the extensions.

Kinky Cowboy*

*Batteries not included
May contain traces of nuts
Your milage may vary