aero bars on a flat bar road bike

aa9t8

Oct 22, 2004
my wife just bought herself a new norco crd 1. and she needed a new owner for her veloz flat bar road bike. the bike has about 500 kms on it. never been in the rain. it is almost dirty. i think i have only lubed the chain twice. took it out today was a beautiful ride. my question is has anybody tried aero bars on a flat bar road bike? did it help with different positions? was it good over all or is it not a good idea?

I have not tried it myself, but have seen many aero bars set up on flat bar tri bikes. Flat bars with bar ends are not unlike bull horn TT bars.

aa9t8 said:
my wife just bought herself a new norco crd 1. and she needed a new owner for her veloz flat bar road bike. the bike has about 500 kms on it. never been in the rain. it is almost dirty. i think i have only lubed the chain twice. took it out today was a beautiful ride. my question is has anybody tried aero bars on a flat bar road bike? did it help with different positions? was it good over all or is it not a good idea?
Just my .02, but if someone choses a flat bar over a standard road bar, it is most likely because they don't like being in the drops at all and need a stable upright postition. My guess is that the low and narrow postion of an aero bar would feel even less comfortable.