Aero bars, oversize question

Pennstate

Aug 12, 2006
Very simple question.... I have a Trek 1500 and I have Profile Design Century aero bars. However, my handlebars are oversize and the bars won't fit on. Is there anything I can do?

I did search this extensively on this site and the net without answer, so if anyone knows it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Fred

As far as I know there is nothing you can do. You can try contacting Profile to see if there is something, but most new aerobars are coming out for the new oversized bars with a few still made for the smaller h-bars.

Pennstate said:
Very simple question.... I have a Trek 1500 and I have Profile Design Century aero bars. However, my handlebars are oversize and the bars won't fit on. Is there anything I can do?

I did search this extensively on this site and the net without answer, so if anyone knows it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Fred
What I did in the end was go to Lowe's, get longer screws and attached the bars to the oversize handlebars. It actually fits quite nicely. Now I might regret this move if the whole thing falls apart on me and results in a catastrophic crash, but it seems to be a good temp solution for now.

It's the old 'genius or crazy' solution.

:D