Aero wheels - 88mm in rear and 50mm in front

matador74

Jul 10, 2019
Hey all,

I have a quick question. Someone in my club is selling a set of Carbon Aero Wheels. 88mm in the rear and 50mm in the front. Should I go for them? Is it worth it? I am currently riding on a Giant TCR Advanced (full carbon).

Thanks,

Matador

looking at picking some 55mm depth wheels for general riding but was a bit peturbed by the possibility of picking up too much speed on downhills and crosswinds etc. also looking at a set of 45mm. have semi rule out 35mm as not sure really worth investing serious coin if the gains aren't that much compared to a shallow rim. I also live in newcastle and tend to do sportives like the cyclone, wooler wheel etc.

looking at picking some 55mm depth wheels for general riding but was a bit peturbed by the possibility of picking up too much speed on downhills and crosswinds etc. also looking at a set of 45mm. have semi rule out 35mm as not sure really worth investing serious coin if the gains aren't that much compared to a shallow rim. I also live in newcastle and tend to do sportives like the cyclone, wooler wheel etc.

have semi rule out 35mm as not sure really worth investing serious coin if the gains aren't that much compared to a shallow rim. I also live in newcastle and tend to do sportives like the cyclone, wooler wheel etc.

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox