Aerobar Mount for PT CPU?

cbjesseeNH

Jun 10, 2005
Yet another PowerTap question...

Is there any adaptor to mount a PowerTap head unit (cpu) between the aerobars? The Saris mount is meant to go on a stem rather than a cross-bar, it seems.

cbjesseeNH said:
Yet another PowerTap question...

Is there any adaptor to mount a PowerTap head unit (cpu) between the aerobars? The Saris mount is meant to go on a stem rather than a cross-bar, it seems.
You'll want some sort of cross adaptor that spans your aerobars, there are commercial versions available or you can make one out of some pvc pipe. The Saris PT CPU mount can be used on either the stem or on the bars (or the cross mount mentioned above) by separating the base pieces and rotating the top piece 90 degrees then snapping it back together. IOW, the Saris mount is built to work in two directions.

-Dave

Originally Posted by daveryanwyoming .

You'll want some sort of cross adaptor that spans your aerobars, there are commercial versions available or you can make one out of some pvc pipe. The Saris PT CPU mount can be used on either the stem or on the bars (or the cross mount mentioned above) by separating the base pieces and rotating the top piece 90 degrees then snapping it back together. IOW, the Saris mount is built to work in two directions.

-Dave
I know this is an old thread, but I went the simple and cheap route. 3/4" PVC pipe at less than $2 and about 30 minutes of project time with some power tools. More details here

End result with PVC pipe

Extensions far apart to accomodate that powerlifter chest and shoulders I see. Too bad.....

My PT CPU's too wide to even fit all the way down between my aero extensions. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by frenchyge .

Extensions far apart to accomodate that powerlifter chest and shoulders I see. Too bad.....

My PT CPU's too wide to even fit all the way down between my aero extensions. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Very true, I will not win an award for being aerodynamic or flexible.

Originally Posted by frenchyge .

You'd never make it as a postman then I take it?