Aerobars for a Trek 7700

Mike Jacobs

Jan 17, 2007
OK, risking the "cycling dork" syndrome I'm getting ready for the MS150 and I'm going to do it from the comfort of my trusty hybird, adding aerobars. I do 45 miles strong without a problem so what's another 60 over 2 days lol?

I like the handlebars as they are just fine... don't want to change a thing. I just want to add aerobars.

Anybody with aerobar experience on a hybrid, and what works well?

Mike Jacobs said:
OK, risking the "cycling dork" syndrome I'm getting ready for the MS150 and I'm going to do it from the comfort of my trusty hybird, adding aerobars. I do 45 miles strong without a problem so what's another 60 over 2 days lol?

I like the handlebars as they are just fine... don't want to change a thing. I just want to add aerobars.

Anybody with aerobar experience on a hybrid, and what works well?

Who cares what anyone else thinks? Do what works for you. On a safety note, stay off the aerobars when in traffic (auto or other cyclists) as your hands won't be close to the brakes.

The Profile Design split second bar offer a lot of adjustability and has spring-loaded armrests that move out of the way when you are not using them. The Profile Century is cheap and easy to install/set up. Vision tech and Oval are two other good manufacturers.

John M said:
The Profile Design split second bar offer a lot of adjustability and has spring-loaded armrests that move out of the way when you are not using them. The Profile Century is cheap and easy to install/set up.
Thanks, John, the flip-up armrests aren't really a problem on my "Lincoln" sized bike. I guess the only way to really know if they will fit the bend in the handlebars is to actually visit a store, though.