Aerodynamic wheelset.. Front or rear?

This is a good topic. It got me looking at the wheels on the Felt, Alex AT 540s. I looked at some Shimano R500s, but they are no better. So, today I asked the LBS to suggest some nice wheels, Ultegra hubs, Deep-V Rims with eyelets, Bladed spokes, etc. See what they come up with. ;)

I spent the summer studying this......front. It does more than the rear as things are turbulent by thi time they get back there. If you ride heavy on your handlebars then crosswind won't be an issue by which I mean my 90 deeps give me almost no problems. If you ride light on you bars then I'd watch out and go with a 50 or something. Catch is that a 90 on the back is probably a bit less aoro than a 50 on the front (just a theory) but since itas a rear won't affect your handling.

willocrew said:
I'm wondering, if i am looking to get just 1 aeroynamic wheel, would it be better to get the front one first? I've heard that a front aero wheel paired with a rear ordinary wheel is quite effective...

Any suggestions?
I have never cared about Aero wheel data, because I ride where there are strong cross winds. But years ago, I reviewed wind tunnel test data that showed an aero advantage in having a bottle in the front down tube cage. Wether it had any fluid in it, was irrelevant. An empty bottle, sure doesn't weigh much.