Aerospoke Rims

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Dr. Duk, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. Dr. Duk

    Dr. Duk New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2003
    Has anyone any experience with Aerospoke rims on their Tour Easy or GRR? I would like some feedback b4 I make the decision to purchase a set. Thanks. Dr. Duk

    Tags:

  2. ICE

    ICE New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2002

    I Have been racing with aerospoke rims for some months now & i find them very rigid and responsive what are you looking at, just
    check your weight ratio to your wheels, if they are the ones i think you are looking at, your weight should not be more than 90kg's :p :p

  3. I have used the 700c/406 combination on my TiGRR for several years and like them.That is over 12000
    miles. "Dr. Duk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Has anyone any experience with Aerospoke rims on their Tour Easy or GRR? I would like some
    > feedback b4 I make the decision to purchase a set. Thanks. Dr. Duk

  4. I used them on my TE and Polished Alum GRR for several years and had no problems. Bullet proof and
    once you get them up to speed, the aero part really kicks in and they are COOL looking too. The ONLY
    tradeoff is the WEIGHT factor. No too good if you will be doing alot of hills. EZ Biker :) Pompano
    Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti and Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

    "Dr. Duk" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Has anyone any experience with Aerospoke rims on their Tour Easy or GRR? I would like some
    > feedback b4 I make the decision to purchase a set. Thanks. Dr. Duk

  5. Mortdubois

    Mortdubois Guest

    Dr. Duk <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Has anyone any experience with Aerospoke rims on their Tour Easy or GRR? I would like some
    > feedback b4 I make the decision to purchase a set. Thanks. Dr. Duk

    I have used a set for 2 years now. They are heavy but extremely strong - survived a side hit from a
    car without damage. The weight doesn't seem to affect overall speed, in fact I see an increase of
    about 10% in descending top speed, about 5% in level cruising, and a decrease of about 5% in
    climbing (due to the weight). I have been happy with mine, I have put about 2500 miles on them and I
    bought them used.

    Mort

  6. They certainly rank high in "cool factor."

    I'm thinking of getting them (with disc brake hubs) with the Barcroft Columbia we're going to order
    in a month or so. The wife is only 120 lbs but I tip (break?) the scales at 265. It'd be nice to
    have wheels that won't need trueing.

    I've read some complaints regarding their hub-to-wheel attachment scheme (needing regular
    tightening) and problems with the durability of their hubs. Granted, comments/reviews on the 'net
    are a priori from a self-selective bunch but have you guys experienced anything like that?

  7. I never had any of those issues with my AeroSpokes although I did read some posts in the past, that
    might have had those issues. You might want to do a google search of this NG and type in Aerospoke.
    EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti and Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

    "Zamfoo the Magnificent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've read some complaints regarding their hub-to-wheel attachment scheme (needing regular
    > tightening) and problems with the durability of their hubs.

  8. Clark Werner

    Clark Werner Guest

    > They certainly rank high in "cool factor."
    >
    > I'm thinking of getting them (with disc brake hubs) with the Barcroft Columbia we're going to
    > order in a month or so. The wife is only 120 lbs but I tip (break?) the scales at 265. It'd be
    > nice to have wheels that won't need trueing.
    >
    > I've read some complaints regarding their hub-to-wheel attachment scheme (needing regular
    > tightening) and problems with the durability of their hubs. Granted, comments/reviews on the 'net
    > are a priori from a self-selective bunch but have you guys experienced anything like that?

    My wife and I both have a RANS V2 with Aerospoke rims. My wife is about your weight and I break the
    scale at about 100 Lbs. more. Love the rims, no problems at all. Good luck

  9. I used to have them on my Toureasy. I liked their looks, and the fact that they never needed truing.
    As for the weight, the biggest weight on the bike is my body. I never worried about a lb here or
    there, because I could do much more for my hill climbing ability by losing 20lbs of body weight.