Aerospoke rims

I guess if you can afford it why not? I don't happen to like carbon fiber anything not alone wheels! CF wheels have longer braking distances, they can't dissipate the heat as well as aluminum wheels so if you have a lot of descents you need to be careful of rim heat which could cause the rims sidewall to deform which could create a serious problem. Also most if not all the new players in the CF rim world are coming out of China and they minimal to none R&D before releasing a wheel set, thus your the test monkey. Also you have to use only the brake pads that the CF wheel manufacture recommends, using any other brake pad could cause serious stopping and wear problems. Also if by chance you crack a CF rim on a ride you could suffer a sudden crash, with aluminum you should be able to ride it home.

There are some fantastic aluminum rims like IRD Aero Cadence; or if you want color Cobra C43 rims or Velocity B43 and Deep V MSW and Fusion series has a large assortment of different colors.

Anyway, it's just my opinion, you can take it for a grain of salt, others will reply to rebuke me which is fine because it's just an opinion.

mzchry said:
I am thinking of putting these on my new singlespeed bike. Does anybody have any experience with them? This is their site http://www.aerospoke.com/1/258/index.asp
link wont take you to a particular rim, anyway for what use is your bike, single speed would be for commuting ? in that case carbon fiber is not recommended

Originally Posted by vspa .

link wont take you to a particular rim,
anyway for what use is your bike, single speed would be for commuting ? in that case carbon fiber is not recommended

Yeah I use it for commuting. And thanks a ton for the input on the brakes above! I am going to stick with metal rims from now on!

Aerospoke rims are quite the popular choice for the fixie/ss crowd. I guess it must be because they look cool......to some people. It's certainly not because of any performance characteristics. They're about the worst aerodynamically of any "aero" wheels. They're way heavy, and they've been known to come with highly variable trueness. But hey, they come in pretty colors.