Aerospoke Wheels

littleman624

Aug 4, 2010
I don't know how many of you, if any, have seen/ heard of these. The company is called Aerospoke because of the wheels they produce (a combination of 'aerodynamic' and 'spoke', obviously). Does anyone have some feedback about these products? Such as How they perform, wind resistance, ride quality, etc. If nothing else, they appear unique and interesting.

Link: http://www.aerospoke.com/1/258/index.asp

Some guys here are using custom generic equipment, no brands, made in china, with good results. i have seen new carbon frames and new carbon wheels for half, one third, - or even less - the price of known brands. I don't know how quality can be determined on these products when new. Lets see if they have a long life and how they perform on the road.

I can say from first hand experience they are good, my mate has an aerospoke wheel on his bike for about 3 years. Only downside they are expensive £325 for one £650 a pair !! Now Teny rims on the other hand are 5 times cheaper, they are made from alloy like most wheels are not carbon but that means their strong enough to use off road, on road or even with motor powered bikes or tamdens. They are slightly heavier than a standard spoked wheel.

I have a pair £140 on my mountain bike and they are great even with the weight increase I think my bike is faster especially uphill due to the low wind resistance, they are even designed for the wind to actually push the bike forward. Had them just under a year now and no problems what so ever, their even work with my front disc brake and rear v - brake setup.
Just google Teny rim or mountain bike mag wheels

Attachments

• P1060223.JPG
    P1060223.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 5