Aerospokes opinion

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bentbiker, Mar 28, 2003.

  1. Bentbiker

    Bentbiker Guest

    just ordered some aerospokes, and of course NOW, i'm looking for some opinions on them! Mainly: 1.
    are they faster than conventional run of the mill rims [Alex rims Deore hubs] 2. is it harsher
    riding 3. do they hold up well. thanks for your opinions.

    Tags:

  2. I used to have them on my toureasy. They looked very nice, were low maintenance, but heavier than
    regular wheels. I had no complaints.

  3. Send them back ASAP!

    Harsh ride and they do eventually go out of round leading to a lot of bad vibrations.

    On mine, the bearings failed at 2,300 miles.

    I tossed mine in the garbage - junk!

    Bruce Griffin

    "Jonathan Kaplan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I used to have them on my toureasy. They looked very nice, were low maintenance, but heavier than
    > regular wheels. I had no complaints.

  4. I disagree with Bruce. I have had mine for over 10,000 miles and done nothing to them. The company
    would probably be interested in these comments. I have found them a good company to business with.
    news:[email protected]...