AFLD send a warning letter to 10 TDF riders!!!!

Anyone with half a brain would be doped to the ****ing eyeballs on this years tour. They wont touch any rider with a ten foot pole. Valverde can bearly keep the smile off his face. He is soo relaxed. He knows it. Quick someone lift up the carpet ive got the broom.

Rolfrae said:
So what does this mean Pouli? Will they just say, "we are watching you, so please don't win anything"?
For me AFLD is saying :" you are cheating, yet we can't prove it but with times and more testings we will do. Stop that now!"

poulidor said:
For me AFLD is saying :" you are cheating, yet we can't prove it but with times and more testings we will do. Stop that now!"
If they've got solid proof they should anounce it if not why mention it at all!!

Bro Deal said:
Let me guess:

Valverde
Schumacher
Kirchen
Kreuziger
Devolder
Sanchez
Piepoli
Menchov
Pereiro
Gutierrez

Lausanne, Switzerland - The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) announced Friday that it has suspended making a ruling on the Spanish Cycling Federation's decision not to open disciplinary proceedings against Alejandro Valverde. The Spanish rider has been linked to the controversial Doctor Eufemiano Fuentes, and the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and the International Cycling Union (UCI) both appealed to CAS over the Spanish federation's decision to stand by Valverde.

"The CAS has ... suspended the arbitration procedure for a maximum duration of six months in order to allow the Spanish legal authorities to issue a decision on a request for production of evidence which is currently in its possession," said the organization in statement.

Valverde, the winner of the 2006 UCI Pro Tour and three-time World Championships medallist, has always denied being involved in the infamous Operation Puerto doping scandal, which came to light after police raids of the premises of Fuentes in May 2006.

Might it actually make more sense if the 10 riders are people who have done unexpectedly poorly in this tour?

Anticyclone said:
Might it actually make more sense if the 10 riders are people who have done unexpectedly poorly in this tour?
Cunego, Valverde, Ricco, and one other Spaniard, says the newspaper Dauphine Libere

thunder said:
Cunego, Valverde, Ricco, and one other Spaniard, says the newspaper Dauphine Libere
Well, Cunego has always had an abnormally high hematocrit - well over 50% if I recall correctly. He gets hauled in because of it on a regular basis.

N.B. - I am not saying that I know Cunego is clean...

There won't be any high-profile busts this year, but a few also-rans will be pipped for the good of the sport.

Cycling won't clean up - the players don't want a clean sport. Ironically, it's probably the riders themselves who'd welcome a chance to race without shelling over tens (or hundreds) of thousands for medical programs and risking their health with said programs.

jimmypop said:
There won't be any high-profile busts this year, but a few also-rans will be pipped for the good of the sport.

Cycling won't clean up - the players don't want a clean sport. Ironically, it's probably the riders themselves who'd welcome a chance to race without shelling over tens (or hundreds) of thousands for medical programs and risking their health with said programs.
Yep. Exactly (as to all of your points).

Pouli - This year i think doping will be managed like so .... late night call to team manager and to rider 'We have caught you, we don't want a scandal, tomorrow you bonk ..... goodnight'

plectrum said:
Pouli - This year i think doping will be managed like so .... late night call to team manager and to rider 'We have caught you, we don't want a scandal, tomorrow you bonk ..... goodnight'
Not sure, this is Clerc's statement in a french newspaper:
In Humanity, Patrice Clerc, president of ASO, has chosen to be as frank as possible: I do not like the word "renewal". I prefer to say that we participate in the reconstruction of cycling, which is a lengthy undertaking. But nevertheless agree that the situation is better than yesterday. [...] I do not claim nor naive to believe that we will make this sport the white knights of anti-doping. I can not even guarantee that we will have a clean Tour. But I can just say that it is improving.

Dans L'Humanité, Patrice Clerc, président d'ASO, a choisi d'être le plus franc possible : Je n’aime pas trop ce mot "renouveau". Je préfère dire que nous participons à la reconstruction du cyclisme, ce qui est une entreprise de longue haleine. Mais convenons tout de même que la situation est meilleure qu’hier. [...] Je n’ai pas la prétention ni la naïveté de croire que l’on va faire de ce sport celui des chevaliers blancs de l’antidopage. Je ne peux même pas garantir que nous aurons un Tour propre. Mais je peux juste dire que cela s’améliore."

jimmypop said:

Agreed. However I think that the riders would only be happy riding clean if:

1. They knew that it is impossible to dope and beat the tests
2. They knew that they would be just as competitive in a clean peloton as they are in a doped one.

Pouli (or anyone else) : Do you know if ASO/AFLD are testing the same amount of riders that UCI did each stage?

Crankyfeet said:
Pouli (or anyone else) : Do you know if ASO/AFLD are testing the same amount of riders that UCI did each stage?
No.
UCI only tested 4 riders by stage.
AFLD/WADA wanted to test more efficienly especially by targetting, so probably at the end of TDF they would have tested more riders than UCI.

For example, some riders have already been tested 3 or 4 times in 6 stages!:D