AFLD send a warning letter to 10 TDF riders!!!!

Klodifan said:
that is extremely arbitrary and would seriously damage the sport. oh wait, that's already happened.

let them all dope. just make them submit to what doping products they use. instead of making peds so taboo and black market, bring it all out in the open. b/c, at the end of the day, everything you wrote will never address the human desire to win at all costs. its too idealistic, and it will never happen.
1) It has already been damaged. That was just my point.
2) I should have been clearer. Suspicion of doping means that an investigation is taking place. E.g. failed an A test or an investigation like op puerto is in operation.
3) I recognise that you will never catch anyone but what you can possibly hope to do is to make the punishments so severe it focusses theminds of the more easily swayed. A twit who is determined to win regardless of the physical damgae it does them and the professional/mental/commercial damage it does them/their families/their sport/their team mates is going to do it no matter what. They deserve to be thrown out of the sport for being so selfish.

The thing is that the silly attitude demonstrated has already affected pro salaries.
My fear is that they're going to start brushing it under the carpet to try and get things up and running again. The way Prudhomme talked about Beltran and the doping incident suggests that rather than bring it out in the open he'd prefer to sweep it under the carpet.