AFLD?

> What if the AFLD suit results in him being found innocent?
>
> Joseph

Is that even a possibility? I'd wondered about that when reading the initial
report; I'd assumed it was simply a procedural issue, not a trial of facts,
but it appears that might not be the case. I'm surprised the French would
subject themselves to that sort of thing, instead of finding a way to accept
the results of the UCI, even though no longer accepting their authority in
other matters.

It's also possible, perhaps even likely, that they might be willing to
negotiate something with Floyd that simply keeps him out of the TdF for the
same amount of time as his UCI suspension, and nothing more. A bargaining
ploy to get him to at least tacitly admit guilt.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

On Oct 21, 12:10 pm, "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> What if the AFLD suit results in him being found innocent?
>
> Joseph

Ummm...seeing as how the AFLD runs "the lab formerly known as
LNDD"...how likely do you think THAT is??

On Oct 22, 4:33 pm, Tom_A <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Oct 21, 12:10 pm, "[email protected]"
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > What if the AFLD suit results in him being found innocent?

> > Joseph

> Ummm...seeing as how the AFLD runs "the lab formerly known as
> LNDD"...how likely do you think THAT is??

I have no idea. The thing that got me thinking was the mention that
AFLD was going to contact Floyd's lawyers to persue the matter. Persue
it with whom? I suppose to persue they have to present their "case" to
somebody, and that somebody would also get to hear from Floyd's side
(otherwise why would Floyd's lawyers need to be contacted at all?) and
just maybe they will be reasonable people and come to the same
conclusion all reasonable people do about this.

Joseph

Dans le message de news:[email protected],
Mike Jacoubowsky <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
>> What if the AFLD suit results in him being found innocent?
>>
>> Joseph

> Is that even a possibility? I'd wondered about that when reading the
> initial report; I'd assumed it was simply a procedural issue, not a
> trial of facts, but it appears that might not be the case. I'm
> surprised the French would subject themselves to that sort of thing,
> instead of finding a way to accept the results of the UCI, even
> though no longer accepting their authority in other matters.
>
> It's also possible, perhaps even likely, that they might be willing to
> negotiate something with Floyd that simply keeps him out of the TdF
> for the same amount of time as his UCI suspension, and nothing more.
> A bargaining ploy to get him to at least tacitly admit guilt.
>
> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

In a criminal matter, no one is ever, ever, ever found innocent.
--
Sandy

Ce n'est pas que j'ai peur de la mort.
Je veux seulement ne pas être là
quand elle arrivera.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
>On Oct 22, 4:33 pm, Tom_A <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Oct 21, 12:10 pm, "[email protected]"
>>
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > What if the AFLD suit results in him being found innocent?

>> > Joseph

>> Ummm...seeing as how the AFLD runs "the lab formerly known as
>> LNDD"...how likely do you think THAT is??

>I have no idea. The thing that got me thinking was the mention that
>AFLD was going to contact Floyd's lawyers to persue the matter. Persue
>it with whom? I suppose to persue they have to present their "case" to
>somebody, and that somebody would also get to hear from Floyd's side
>(otherwise why would Floyd's lawyers need to be contacted at all?) and
>just maybe they will be reasonable people and come to the same
>conclusion all reasonable people do about this.

Kangaroo Court.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangaroo_court

_ Booker C. Bense

On Oct 22, 7:28 pm, "Sandy" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dans le message denews:[email protected],
> Mike Jacoubowsky <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
>

> >> What if the AFLD suit results in him being found innocent?

> >> Joseph

> > Is that even a possibility? I'd wondered about that when reading the
> > initial report; I'd assumed it was simply a procedural issue, not a
> > trial of facts, but it appears that might not be the case. I'm
> > surprised the French would subject themselves to that sort of thing,
> > instead of finding a way to accept the results of the UCI, even
> > though no longer accepting their authority in other matters.

> > It's also possible, perhaps even likely, that they might be willing to
> > negotiate something with Floyd that simply keeps him out of the TdF
> > for the same amount of time as his UCI suspension, and nothing more.
> > A bargaining ploy to get him to at least tacitly admit guilt.

> > --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
> >www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

> In a criminal matter, no one is ever, ever, ever found innocent.

Do you think that this will actually make it's way into a real court
of law where (as your tongue in cheek comment suggest) people are
actually found innocent every once in a while?

Joseph

Dans le message de
news:[email protected],
[email protected] <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et
puis a déclaré :
> On Oct 22, 7:28 pm, "Sandy" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Dans le message
>> denews:[email protected], Mike
>> Jacoubowsky <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :

>>> Is that even a possibility? I'd wondered about that when reading the
>>> initial report; I'd assumed it was simply a procedural issue, not a
>>> trial of facts, but it appears that might not be the case. I'm
>>> surprised the French would subject themselves to that sort of thing,
>>> instead of finding a way to accept the results of the UCI, even
>>> though no longer accepting their authority in other matters.

>>> It's also possible, perhaps even likely, that they might be willing
>>> to negotiate something with Floyd that simply keeps him out of the
>>> TdF for the same amount of time as his UCI suspension, and nothing
>>> more. A bargaining ploy to get him to at least tacitly admit guilt.

>>> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
>>> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

>> In a criminal matter, no one is ever, ever, ever found innocent.

> Do you think that this will actually make it's way into a real court
> of law where (as your tongue in cheek comment suggest) people are
> actually found innocent every once in a while?
>
> Joseph

The current disposition is preliminary to criminal court proceedings.

Sandy wrote:
> In a criminal matter, no one is ever, ever, ever found innocent.

Rbr's legal council is back. I trust you being away for a while had
nothing to do with Sarkozy's wife wanting greener pastures ?

On Oct 22, 9:20 pm, "Sandy" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dans le message denews:[email protected],
> [email protected] <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et
> puis a déclaré :
>

> > On Oct 22, 7:28 pm, "Sandy" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Dans le message
> >> denews:[email protected], Mike
> >> Jacoubowsky <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :

> >> In a criminal matter, no one is ever, ever, ever found innocent.

> > Do you think that this will actually make it's way into a real court
> > of law where (as your tongue in cheek comment suggest) people are
> > actually found innocent every once in a while?

> > Joseph

> The current disposition is preliminary to criminal court proceedings.

That sounds very promising indeed. If it's a rehash, but this time in
a real court, that seems like it would be a good thing.

Joseph

Dans le message de news:[email protected],
Donald Munro <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
> Sandy wrote:
>> In a criminal matter, no one is ever, ever, ever found innocent.

> Rbr's legal council is back. I trust you being away for a while had
> nothing to do with Sarkozy's wife wanting greener pastures ?

Come on !! You know we can't discuss that !

On the other hand, I am still not grotesquely fat enough to comprise an
entire council.
Sandy

--
Si les autres parties du monde ont des singes ; l'Europe a des Français.
Cela se compense.

Dans le message de
news:[email protected],
[email protected] <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et
puis a déclaré :
> On Oct 22, 9:20 pm, "Sandy" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Dans le message
>> denews:[email protected],
>> [email protected] <[email protected]> a
>> réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :

>>> Do you think that this will actually make it's way into a real court
>>> of law where (as your tongue in cheek comment suggest) people are
>>> actually found innocent every once in a while?

>>> Joseph

>> The current disposition is preliminary to criminal court proceedings.

> That sounds very promising indeed. If it's a rehash, but this time in
> a real court, that seems like it would be a good thing.
>
> Joseph

Recycled hash ?? Am I missing something newly stricken off the list ?

Bachelot likes her men rugged and big - even if only at the level of
semifinalists, never quite finishing the job at hand.