African Prince

tarczan

Jul 14, 2004
An Asian and an African become friends while they are both attending graduate school in the West. Years later they each rise to become finance ministers of their respective countries. One day the African ventures to Asia to visit his old friend, and is startled by the Asians's palatial hme, the swimming pool, the four Mercedes Benzes in the circular driveway, the servants.

"My God!" the African exclaims. "We were poor students! How can you afford this?"
And the Asisan takes his friend to the window and points to a new elevated highway in the distance. "You see that highway? says the Asian, and then says "Ten Percent!"
A few years later the Asian ventures to Africa, to return the visit of his friend. He finds the African living in a huge mansion sprawling over several hundred acres. There are dozens of BMWs and Mercedes Benzs, an indoor pool, stables, a tennis court, hundreds of servants and waiters.
"My God says the Asian, how do you afford all this ?"
This time the African takes his friend to the window and points "Do you see that highway?" he asks his friend. But the Asian only sees an empty field with a few antelope grazing in it. "I don't see any highway," the Asian says straining his eyes.

At this, the African smiles, taps himself on the chest and says "One hundred per cent!"