After a crap day at the office...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bomba, Apr 29, 2003.

  1. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    ...there's nothing better than finding several kilometres of uninterupted, empty, twisty, technical
    singletrack that you never knew about.

    Tags:

  2. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    > ...there's nothing better than finding several kilometres of uninterupted, empty, twisty,
    > technical singletrack that you never knew about.

    Good one.

    I polished off my crap day at the office by strapping a heavy touring bike frame to my rucksac (I've
    just bought it - the frame, not the rucksac) and haring through Bristol rush hour on the Orange.
    Interesting way to bificate traffic, going round with 531 bull bars on your back. I like to carry
    spares, officer........

    Andy Chequer dropped in to stroke the Rocky Mountain too.

  3. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > ...there's nothing better than finding several kilometres of uninterupted, empty, twisty,
    > technical singletrack that you never knew about.

    Ahhhh...yes, true bliss. :^)

    Mike

  4. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    > ...there's nothing better than finding several kilometres of uninterupted, empty, twisty,
    > technical singletrack that you never knew about.

    I'd say that's good after just about anything. I'd still like it even if it followed sleeping in,
    getting laid, and home made waffles!

    Matt (which reminds me my birthday is coming up...)

  5. John G

    John G Guest

    bomba wrote:
    > ...there's nothing better than finding several kilometres of uninterupted, empty, twisty,
    > technical singletrack that you never knew about.

    Followed by a beer and a bl*w-j*b

  6. John G wrote:

    > bomba wrote:
    >
    >> ...there's nothing better than finding several kilometres of uninterupted, empty, twisty,
    >> technical singletrack that you never knew about.
    >

    > Followed by a beer and a bl*w-j*b

    I'm working on it ;)

    Jon Bond found some new sweet singletrack today - check beer - biking friend's party tonight, yay
    for beirut! blowjob - ex from home coming to visit... we'll see. and no, you're not getting a
    ride report!

  7. > > ...there's nothing better than finding several kilometres of uninterupted, empty, twisty,
    > > technical singletrack that you never knew about.
    >
    > Followed by a beer and a bl*w-j*b

    And a nice big spliff.

    Small Black Dog

  8. Jd

    Jd Guest

    bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > ...there's nothing better than finding several kilometres of uninterupted, empty, twisty,
    > technical singletrack that you never knew about.

    Yeah there is. Ripping down several kilometers of untrammeled singletrack in a first high country
    ride of that particular season.

    JD first tracks

  9. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > ...there's nothing better than finding several kilometres of uninterupted, empty, twisty,
    > > technical singletrack that you never knew about.
    > >

    > I'd say that's good after just about anything. I'd still like it even if
    it
    > followed sleeping in, getting laid, and home made waffles!
    >
    > Matt (which reminds me my birthday is coming up...)

    I call dibs on cooking him waffles!

    Bill "one job left for The Freak or The Moderator" S.

  10. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  11. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > ...there's nothing better than finding several kilometres of uninterupted, empty, twisty,
    > technical singletrack that you never knew about.

    Good work Bomba. Now all you need to do is send me and my bike hairyplane tickets, put me up for a
    few days, and show me the trails. It will make you whole, your life complete.

    Shaun aRe

  12. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    >>...there's nothing better than finding several kilometres of uninterupted, empty, twisty,
    >>technical singletrack that you never knew about.
    >

    > Good work Bomba.

    Cheers. It's not as bad as I first feared when I moved here. The hills aren't going to win any
    height prizes, but the steep valleys make up for
    it. I'll try and get some pics in the near future.

    Now all you need to do is send me and my bike hairyplane
    > tickets, put me up for a few days, and show me the trails. It will make you whole, your life
    > complete.

    Maybe later in the year - I've got way too much on in the next couple of months. A return ticket
    with BA from Manchester to Dusseldorf for the weekend is less than 100 quid. Maybe we can sort
    something out...

    --
    j.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm

    k.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

  13. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    >
    > >>...there's nothing better than finding several kilometres of uninterupted, empty, twisty,
    > >>technical singletrack that you never knew about.
    > >

    > > Good work Bomba.
    >
    > Cheers. It's not as bad as I first feared when I moved here. The hills aren't going to win any
    > height prizes, but the steep valleys make up for
    > it. I'll try and get some pics in the near future.

    Cool - I'm really itching to find some more local s/t. Even thought about harassing a couple of the
    local farmers, see if I can't get them to let me cut a few miles through their land. Not likely
    they'de agree (by a long shot!), but, it's an indication of how much I want to ride.

    > Now all you need to do is send me and my bike hairyplane
    > > tickets, put me up for a few days, and show me the trails. It will make
    you
    > > whole, your life complete.
    >
    > Maybe later in the year - I've got way too much on in the next couple of months. A return ticket
    > with BA from Manchester to Dusseldorf for the weekend is less than 100 quid. Maybe we can sort
    > something out...

    Aye, that would be cool - still, I got too much on too, really, what, with the consolidation of
    Kath's and my lives and the marriage and stuff. Just have to see how it goes!

    Later Jon!

    Shaun aRe

  14. bomba wrote:
    > Jonathan Bond wrote:
    >
    >>> Followed by a beer and a bl*w-j*b
    >>>

    >> I'm working on it ;)
    >

    > Still practicing yoga, then Jon?

    yup. Its damn hard trying to get the tip in your mouth when its longer than your upper body...

    Jon Bond did I mention I have a 6" upper body? Could be why my lungs suck so much...

  15. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    > "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > ...there's nothing better than finding several kilometres of uninterupted, empty, twisty,
    > > > technical singletrack that you never knew about.
    > > >

    > > I'd say that's good after just about anything. I'd still like it even if
    > it
    > > followed sleeping in, getting laid, and home made waffles!
    > >
    > > Matt (which reminds me my birthday is coming up...)
    >
    > I call dibs on cooking him waffles!
    >
    > Bill "one job left for The Freak or The Moderator" S.

    Uh, I hate to disappoint you fellas, but I already had someone in mind for the whole job. She's more
    qualified.

    Matt (not that there's anything wrong with that...)