After Race Symptom? -- Pressure in forehead/behind eye

TrekDedicated

Jun 17, 2004
Hey everyone,

I had a wicked hard race on Saturday and later that day and moving into today I have a felt a little weird.

Yesterday afternoon after the race when I got all showered and cleaned up, I had "pain" in the right side of my forehead/behind my eye. Solely on the right side. As I was laying on the couch, my vision did blur and I had a "dead/blind" spots for a hour/couple hours. I did drive (I know not smart) to pick something up and had some issues with my vision. If I coughed or sneezed, I did feel pressure/pain in my right side. I have been battling fatigue/being really tired the past couple weeks and put in a hard effort yesterday so I fell asleep at like 9pm.

Today, I feel better, but I still have a little pressure pain on my right side.

I have been thoroughly hydrated. I typically drink at least 70oz of water a day and the past few days 85+oz/day.

I'm 24, male, very healthy.

If you need more information, ask.

Any input?

Go see a doctor, those symptoms have all the earmarks of a TIA, not good stuff. Maybe you had some sort of migraine, but the lingering one sided pain is not good news.

Good luck,
-Dave

TrekDedicated said:
Hey everyone,

I had a wicked hard race on Saturday and later that day and moving into today I have a felt a little weird.

Yesterday afternoon after the race when I got all showered and cleaned up, I had "pain" in the right side of my forehead/behind my eye. Solely on the right side. As I was laying on the couch, my vision did blur and I had a "dead/blind" spots for a hour/couple hours. I did drive (I know not smart) to pick something up and had some issues with my vision. If I coughed or sneezed, I did feel pressure/pain in my right side. I have been battling fatigue/being really tired the past couple weeks and put in a hard effort yesterday so I fell asleep at like 9pm.

Today, I feel better, but I still have a little pressure pain on my right side.

I have been thoroughly hydrated. I typically drink at least 70oz of water a day and the past few days 85+oz/day.

I'm 24, male, very healthy.

If you need more information, ask.

Any input?

+1 on Dave's advice - especially if you have any history of stroke or aneurysm in your family.

I'm curious to know if dehydration could lead to TIA symptoms - i.e. potential buildup of RBCs in a blood vessel due to reduced plasma volume, thereby mimicking a clot. Anybody qualified know for certain?

What a sport - eh?

Hope you feel better and get it all checked out ASAP.

Best wishes.

I'll get migraines, especially if I'm dehydrated with pain and pressure behind the eye as you describe. Feels as if someone is pressing their thumb into my eyeball. Sensitivity to light, nausea, black spots the whole 9 yards. If I catch it early, 200mg of ibuprophen usually keeps it from becoming the full blown migraine. Dr prescribed Imitrex, but I have yet to take it.

Go see your primary to make sure nothing serious is going on.