After stage 3, Mazzoleni postioned well

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Kevan Smith, Jul 8, 2003.

  1. Kevan Smith

    Kevan Smith Guest

    Seven minutes and 41 seconds down, Mazzoleni, 174th overall, looks positioned well for the
    mountains. He'll just have to avoid losing more time. I think he can go as far as 13 minutes down
    before he has to worry.

    --
    http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace a bike ouch over a shifty screaming nun
    2:19:12 PM 8 July 2003

    Tags:

  2. "Kevan Smith" <[email protected]/\/\> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Seven minutes and 41 seconds down, Mazzoleni, 174th overall, looks positioned well for the
    > mountains. He'll just have to avoid losing more time. I think he can go as far as 13 minutes down
    > before he has to worry.

    Seven or eight minutes is nothing in these opening flat stages.

    I noticed Lance was favoring his left leg today. Unkown to anyone, Lance has been having a bit of
    trouble with tendenitis(sp?) in the area of his right ankle this season.

    All he needs is one bad day in the mountains, like stage 14 or stage 15.

    Last year on stage 11 François Simon had a bad day and lost 43 minutes by the time he finished on
    the col d' Tourmalet.

    I'll be keeping a close eye on Lance, he can't bluff any weakness with
    me.

  3. F. Golightly

    F. Golightly Guest

    "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]>
    > I'll be keeping a close eye on Lance, he can't bluff any weakness with
    > me.

    That's real good Mozzarella... praying for Lance to have a bad day... a real loser's strategy.

    fwiw

  4. In article <[email protected]>, Kevan Smith
    <[email protected]/\/\> wrote:

    > Seven minutes and 41 seconds down, Mazzoleni, 174th overall, looks positioned well for the
    > mountains. He'll just have to avoid losing more time. I think he can go as far as 13 minutes down
    > before he has to worry.

    It should be clear: Mazzoleni is dropping time so that he can make a bid for the maillot pois. If he
    started attacking mountain peaks while he was within 5 minutes of the GC lead, Heras, Armstrong,
    Simoni, and Ullrich would chase him down like he was the last fox in rural England, and then Heras
    would throw his water bottles at Mazzoleni just to make sure the point struck home.

    Forza Mazzoleni, any Mazzoleni,

  5. David Kerber

    David Kerber Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Kevan Smith
    <[email protected]/\/\> says...
    > Seven minutes and 41 seconds down, Mazzoleni, 174th overall, looks positioned well for the
    > mountains. He'll just have to avoid losing more time. I think he can go as far as 13 minutes down
    > before he has to worry.

    So what does Fabrizio think of Eddy's performance so far?

  6. Kevan Smith

    Kevan Smith Guest

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 17:13:26 -0700, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> from WAC Bennett Review of Arts
    and Literature wrote:

    >It should be clear: Mazzoleni is dropping time so that he can make a bid for the maillot pois.

    The pea jersey? Is that a new one this year?

    I did notice they have something called the Centenaire category, whatever that
    is.

    --
    http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace Concentrate on th'cute, li'l CARTOON GUYS!
    Remember the SERIAL NUMBERS!! Follow the WHIPPLE AVE. EXIT!! Have a FREE PEPSI!! Turn LEFT at

  7. Kevan Smith

    Kevan Smith Guest

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 23:47:41 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> from Shaw Residential
    Internet wrote:

    >I noticed Lance was favoring his left leg today. Unkown to anyone, Lance has been having a bit of
    >trouble with tendenitis(sp?) in the area of his right ankle this season.

    Tendonitis is no big deal. I have some in my achilles, and it only hurts when I walk. In fact,
    spinning the pedals provides relief. Anyway, they'll probably just inject his ankle with something
    before the climbing stages -- maybe Dynastat, the first injectable COX-2 specific inhibitor. I
    wonder what Ty is getting for his injury.

    --
    http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace I feel partially hydrogenated!
    7:41:16 PM 8 July 2003

  8. Kevan Smith

    Kevan Smith Guest

    >So what does Fabrizio think of Eddy's performance so far?

    Guido? I don't know -- his online diary doesn't mention him. They are on different teams, after all.
    Plus, Fabrizio has his work cut out for him keeping Ulrich's butt out of trouble.

    --
    http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace pigeon senses the dirty and ice brain tissues
    11:33:17 PM 8 July 2003

  9. Steve

    Steve Guest

    "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message.

    > I noticed Lance was favoring his left leg today. Unkown to anyone, Lance has been having a bit of
    > trouble with tendenitis(sp?) in the area of his right ankle this season.

    If his tendonitis is in his right ankle, why is he favoring his left leg ?.

    SB

  10. Walter Mitty

    Walter Mitty Guest

    "F. Golightly" <[email protected]> brightened my day with his incisive wit when in
    news:[email protected] he conjectured that:

    > "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]>
    >> I'll be keeping a close eye on Lance, he can't bluff any weakness with me.
    >
    > That's real good Mozzarella... praying for Lance to have a bad day... a real loser's strategy.

    Where is he praying for Lance to have a bad day?

    --
    Walter Mitty.

  11. Kevan Smith

    Kevan Smith Guest

    On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 12:39:24 GMT, "Steve" <[email protected]> from Optimum Online wrote:

    >"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message.
    >>
    >> I noticed Lance was favoring his left leg today. Unkown to anyone, Lance has been having a bit of
    >> trouble with tendenitis(sp?) in the area of his right ankle this season.
    >
    >If his tendonitis is in his right ankle, why is he favoring his left leg ?.

    He's injured both legs? Wow.

    --
    http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace Remote keyless entry, remote keyless entry,
    remote keyless entry!

  12. "Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message.
    > >
    > > I noticed Lance was favoring his left leg today. Unkown to anyone, Lance has been having a bit
    > > of trouble with tendenitis(sp?) in the area of his right ankle this season.
    >
    > If his tendonitis is in his right ankle, why is he favoring his left leg ?.

    Maybe we meant he was using his strong leg, the left, in favor of the right, or something like that.

    Anyway, don't worry about, we know what we're doing, we're pro.

  13. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest

    Wed, 09 Jul 2003 22:02:21 GMT, <[email protected]>, Lance's shadow,
    "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> counselled:

    >"Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >> "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message.
    >> >
    >> > I noticed Lance was favoring his left leg today. Unkown to anyone, Lance has been having a bit
    >> > of trouble with tendenitis(sp?) in the area of his right ankle this season.
    >>
    >> If his tendonitis is in his right ankle, why is he favoring his left leg ?.
    >
    >Maybe we meant he was using his strong leg, the left, in favor of the right, or something
    >like that.
    >
    >Anyway, don't worry about, we know what we're doing, we're pro.

    You're indubitably certified.
    --
    zk

  14. In article <[email protected]>, Kevan Smith
    <[email protected]/\/\> wrote:

    > On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 17:13:26 -0700, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> from WAC Bennett Review of
    > Arts and Literature wrote:
    >
    > >It should be clear: Mazzoleni is dropping time so that he can make a bid for the maillot pois.
    >
    > The pea jersey? Is that a new one this year?

    the polka-dot jersey for king of the mountains

    > I did notice they have something called the Centenaire category, whatever that
    > is.

    Best rider over 100 years of age.

  15. Kevan Smith

    Kevan Smith Guest

    On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:12:09 -0700, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> from WAC Bennett Review of Arts
    and Literature wrote:

    >> >It should be clear: Mazzoleni is dropping time so that he can make a bid for the maillot pois.
    >>
    >> The pea jersey? Is that a new one this year?
    >
    >the polka-dot jersey for king of the mountains

    Yes. I was being a snob. The correct term is maillot à pois, which is not "shirt with peas" but
    "shirt with dots." Maillot pois means something like pea-colored shirt.

    --
    http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace a wallpaper remorselessly dies
    above envelopes

  16. Golightly F.

    Golightly F. Guest

    "Walter Mitty" <[email protected]>
    > Where is he praying for Lance to have a bad day?

    In the posted article.

  17. In article <[email protected]>, Kevan Smith
    <[email protected]/\/\> wrote:

    > >> The pea jersey? Is that a new one this year?
    > >
    > >the polka-dot jersey for king of the mountains
    >
    > Yes. I was being a snob. The correct term is maillot à pois, which is not "shirt with peas" but
    > "shirt with dots." Maillot pois means something like pea-colored shirt.

    D'oh! My mistake. The GC leader wears that particular shirt.

    But, with a name like Cousineau, don't you think I know this?

    As French as fries,

  18. Kevan Smith

    Kevan Smith Guest

    On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 22:49:16 -0700, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> from WAC Bennett Review of Arts
    and Literature wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, Kevan Smith
    ><[email protected]/\/\> wrote:

    >> >the polka-dot jersey for king of the mountains
    >>
    >> Yes. I was being a snob. The correct term is maillot à pois, which is not "shirt with peas" but
    >> "shirt with dots." Maillot pois means something like pea-colored shirt.
    >
    >D'oh! My mistake. The GC leader wears that particular shirt.

    Actually, the grimpeur does. :)

    --
    http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace I don't believe there really IS a GAS
    SHORTAGE ... I think it's all just a BIG HOAX on the part of the plastic sign salesmen -- to sell

  19. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest

    Wed, 09 Jul 2003 22:49:16 -0700, <[email protected]>, Ryan Cousineau
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >But, with a name like Cousineau, don't you think I know this?
    >
    >As French as fries,

    I thought Corsicans officially became French only after 1789.
    --
    zk

  20. In article <[email protected]>, Zoot Katz <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Wed, 09 Jul 2003 22:49:16 -0700, <[email protected]>, Ryan Cousineau
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >But, with a name like Cousineau, don't you think I know this?
    > >
    > >As French as fries,
    >
    > I thought Corsicans officially became French only after 1789.

    My ancestor had left France for New France by then. I'm so pure laine on my father's side you could
    shave me for wool.

    Third generation born in the Lower Mainland,