After the Not-Tortellini Soup

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Melba's Jammin', Jan 14, 2005.

  1. Had to run the car yesterday and did some grocery shopping. Found a
    couple packages of nice shank bones with lots of meat around them. Made
    a vat of beef broth -- I've got barley boiling for it right now.
    I left the kettle on the stove at a simmer and Rob gave me a nudge at
    about 1:30 a.m. "Do you want the stove on?" It had been cooking for
    about 5 hours, so I said he could shut it off.

    The strained broth is outside cooling now so I can remove the fat before
    I freeze the broth. I've got homemade noodles, but I save those for
    chicken soup.

    Just in case you cared. :)
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Trip Report and pics added 1-13-05
    "I read recipes the way I read science fiction: I get to the end and say,

    Tags:

  2. Dimitri

    Dimitri Guest

    "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Had to run the car yesterday and did some grocery shopping. Found a
    > couple packages of nice shank bones with lots of meat around them. Made
    > a vat of beef broth -- I've got barley boiling for it right now.
    > I left the kettle on the stove at a simmer and Rob gave me a nudge at
    > about 1:30 a.m. "Do you want the stove on?" It had been cooking for
    > about 5 hours, so I said he could shut it off.
    >
    > The strained broth is outside cooling now so I can remove the fat before
    > I freeze the broth. I've got homemade noodles, but I save those for
    > chicken soup.
    >
    > Just in case you cared. :)
    > --
    > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com>

    Home made Beef Barley soup - Yum!

    What time?

    Dimitri

  3. In article <[email protected]>, "Dimitri"
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    (snip)

    > Home made Beef Barley soup - Yum!
    >
    > What time?
    >
    > Dimitri

    6:30 - just in time for Wheel of Fortune. 8-0)
    (Soup was good, BTW -- should've had some homemade bread withit, though.)