age for child trailers

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:13:17 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:59:40 -0400, Frank Krygowski
><[email protected]> wrote in message
><[email protected]>:
>
>>If motor vehicle manuals were done that way, there'd be at
>>least one warning saying "Don't allow your passengers to
>>ride on the roof."
>
>I'm sure it's in there somewhere. Mine tells me not to open
>the doors or attempt tpo get out of the vehicle while the
>it's in motion. You really think I needed to be told that?

Yes, and you know why too!

Michael J. Klein [email protected] Dasi Jen, Taoyuan
Hsien, Taiwan, ROC Please replace mousepotato with
asiancastings

"Fritz M" wrote: (clip) he would fight me all
> the way through it by leaning the opposite way. He did it
> because he felt
like he was falling over. (clip) I'm wondering if something
similar might happen in the trailer. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Just
trying to reason throuh this. If you were pulling a child in
a two-wheel trailer, it would not tip in the turns, and the
passenger would have no reason to lean. OTH, if it was a one-
wheel trailer, it WOULD lean in the turns, and the child
might very well be doing as you say. However, in order to
turn over, the bike and trailer would have to tip together,
and it seems to me you would be very aware of the problem
before it got to the accident stage. ^^^^^^^^^^^^ The only
injury was to her pride, which for a three-year-old can be
substantial. ^^^^^^^^^^^ Happy to hear that.

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 01:22:51 +0800, Michael J. Klein
<[email protected]>:

>>I'm sure it's in there somewhere. Mine tells me not to
>>open the doors or attempt tpo get out of the vehicle
>>while the it's in motion. You really think I needed to be
>>told that?

>Yes, and you know why too!

Well, I'm guessing it's there because someone once sued a
car maker because they got hurt getting out of the car while
it was in motion. For some reason the fact that something
would only be done my a blithering idiot with a deathwish
doesn't seem to be a valid defence in corporate lawsuits...

Guy
posting. http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at
Washington University

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 20:21:10 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 01:22:51 +0800, Michael J. Klein
><[email protected]> wrote in message
><[email protected]>:
>
>>>I'm sure it's in there somewhere. Mine tells me not to
>>>open the doors or attempt tpo get out of the vehicle
>>>while the it's in motion. You really think I needed to be
>>>told that?
>
>>Yes, and you know why too!
>
>Well, I'm guessing it's there because someone once sued a
>car maker because they got hurt getting out of the car
>while it was in motion. For some reason the fact that
>something would only be done my a blithering idiot with a
>deathwish doesn't seem to be a valid defence in corporate
>lawsuits...

"<DING!>

"Tthat is the correct answer!"

"Johhny, tell Guy what he's won!"

Michael J. Klein [email protected] Dasi Jen, Taoyuan
Hsien, Taiwan, ROC Please replace mousepotato with
asiancastings

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 13:40:32 +0800, Michael J. Klein
<[email protected]>:

>>Well, I'm guessing it's there because someone once sued a
>>car maker because they got hurt getting out of the car
>>while it was in motion. For some reason the fact that
>>something would only be done my a blithering idiot with a
>>deathwish doesn't seem to be a valid defence in corporate
>>lawsuits...

>"Tthat is the correct answer!"

Well, yes, I knew /that/. I am just constantly amazed that
people will sue - and win - based on behaviour which is, to
the dispassionate observer, indicative of near-lethal levels
of stupidity.

Guy
posting. http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at
Washington University

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 11:25:05 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 13:40:32 +0800, Michael J. Klein
><[email protected]> wrote in message
><[email protected]>:
>
>>>Well, I'm guessing it's there because someone once sued a
>>>car maker because they got hurt getting out of the car
>>>while it was in motion. For some reason the fact that
>>>something would only be done my a blithering idiot with a
>>>deathwish doesn't seem to be a valid defence in corporate
>>>lawsuits...
>
>>"Tthat is the correct answer!"
>
>Well, yes, I knew /that/. I am just constantly amazed that
>people will sue - and win - based on behaviour which is, to
>the dispassionate observer, indicative of near-lethal
>levels of stupidity.

Stupid people aren't embarassed by their stupid behavior.
The rest of us wouldn't want our stupid deeds publicized to
the world by a lawsuit. The money is not worth being known
as the person who is too dumb to not know you can't leave a
moving vehicle safely.

And, yes of course I knew you knew /that/, hehe. Michael J.