Age to stop cycling

mary

Guest
My in-laws stopped biking in their mid-70's because they were concerned if
they fell they would brake bones which would have a hard time healing. I
figure I have a good twenty years left,but would like other opinions. Would
buying a three wheeler reduce falls. but most of them I have seen look
poorly built.

Tom

Well, I know of people in their 70s who are still time trialling... indeed I
know of one in his 70s who does cyclo-cross in the winter months.

Cheers, helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

>My in-laws stopped biking in their mid-70's because they were concerned if
>they fell they would brake bones which would have a hard time healing.

???

This is nonsense, IMHO, except for the propensity of bicycling fostering
osteoporosis for intensive bikers.

This can be alleviated by good resistance exercises, such as weight lifting.

Therefore, you shold KEEP BIKING as long as possible.

http://members.aol.com/foxcondorsrvtns
(Colorado rental condo)

http://members.aol.com/dnvrfox
(Family Web Page)

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Denver C. Fox) writes:

> Therefore, you shold KEEP BIKING as long as possible.

Sounds good to me. I'm going to follow that advice.
The mere idea of hanging it up is just so ... melancholy.

cheers,
Tom