Agu barbag Q/R fitting

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by John Redman, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. John Redman

    John Redman Guest

    Just purchased an Agu Handlebar Bag 520 on Ebay. Checking retailers websites prior to purchasing on
    Ebay I noticed that the bags come fitted with a baggy plate to allow a KlickFix mounting. I was
    disappointed to note on receipt of said bag that it hasn't got a plate to allow affixing to a
    Klickfix mounting, must be an older model. It is fitted with three straps with Q/R buckles, the top
    two obviously fix to handlebars but I can't see how the bottom strap fit to the bike, the bars
    being well ahead of the stem. Can the bag be converted to Q/R with a handlebar mount and bag plate.
    Anyone know of a system that includes both. Tried Agu, Rixen & Kaul and various searches on the
    internet to no avail.

    John R

    Tags:

  2. M Series

    M Series Guest

    I have a Agu Bar bag which is very old, it was purchased in the late 1980s. It came with a steel
    frame which hooks over the stem and provides two prongs pointing forward onto which the bag slides
    with the aid of sleeve on each side. The frame has a piece in the centre pointing down which
    prevents the bag from flapping down. The bag has three straps, one to fasten around this vertical
    piece and two to fasten on the frame that is parallel to my handlebars, perhaps yours is the same.

    "John Redman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:L%[email protected]...
    > Just purchased an Agu Handlebar Bag 520 on Ebay. Checking retailers websites prior to purchasing
    > on Ebay I noticed that the bags come fitted with a baggy plate to allow a KlickFix mounting. I was
    > disappointed to
    note
    > on receipt of said bag that it hasn't got a plate to allow affixing to a Klickfix mounting, must
    > be an older model. It is fitted with three straps with Q/R buckles, the top two obviously fix to
    > handlebars but I can't see how the bottom strap fit to the bike, the bars being well ahead of the
    stem.
    > Can the bag be converted to Q/R with a handlebar mount and bag plate. Anyone know of a system that
    > includes both. Tried Agu, Rixen & Kaul and various searches on the internet to no avail.
    >
    > John R

  3. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Like MSeries said you need the frame part plus the click-fix adapter, Maybe someone can bend a piece
    of iron (about 60 cm) for you (or do it yourself) Or contact the seller and ask if he has the part
    that's missing. Or contact the distributor in the UK. maybe they have it.

    GREAT BRITAIN MADISON CYCLES BUCKINGHAM HOUSE EAST, BROADWAY

    tel: 0044-845-6034612 fax: 0044-1908-577514

    Peter

    "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have a Agu Bar bag which is very old, it was purchased in the late
    1980s.
    > It came with a steel frame which hooks over the stem and provides two
    prongs
    > pointing forward onto which the bag slides with the aid of sleeve on each side. The frame has a
    > piece in the centre pointing down which prevents the bag from flapping down. The bag has three
    > straps, one to fasten around
    this
    > vertical piece and two to fasten on the frame that is parallel to my handlebars, perhaps yours is
    > the same.
    >

    > "John Redman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:L%[email protected]...
    > > Just purchased an Agu Handlebar Bag 520 on Ebay. Checking retailers websites prior to purchasing
    > > on Ebay I noticed that the bags come fitted with a baggy plate to allow a KlickFix mounting. I
    > > was disappointed to
    > note
    > > on receipt of said bag that it hasn't got a plate to allow affixing to a Klickfix mounting, must
    > > be an older model. It is fitted with three
    straps
    > > with Q/R buckles, the top two obviously fix to handlebars but I can't
    see
    > > how the bottom strap fit to the bike, the bars being well ahead of the
    > stem.
    > > Can the bag be converted to Q/R with a handlebar mount and bag plate. Anyone know of a system
    > > that includes both. Tried Agu, Rixen & Kaul and various searches on the internet to no avail.
    > >
    > > John R

  4. John Redman

    John Redman Guest

    Sounds exactly what I'm needing. Any chance of a photo of the frame so I can get a better idea and
    perhaps make one myself.

    Many thanks

    John R "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have a Agu Bar bag which is very old, it was purchased in the late
    1980s.
    > It came with a steel frame which hooks over the stem and provides two
    prongs
    > pointing forward onto which the bag slides with the aid of sleeve on each side. The frame has a
    > piece in the centre pointing down which prevents the bag from flapping down. The bag has three
    > straps, one to fasten around
    this
    > vertical piece and two to fasten on the frame that is parallel to my handlebars, perhaps yours is
    > the same.
    >

    > "John Redman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:L%[email protected]...
    > > Just purchased an Agu Handlebar Bag 520 on Ebay. Checking retailers websites prior to purchasing
    > > on Ebay I noticed that the bags come fitted with a baggy plate to allow a KlickFix mounting. I
    > > was disappointed to
    > note
    > > on receipt of said bag that it hasn't got a plate to allow affixing to a Klickfix mounting, must
    > > be an older model. It is fitted with three
    straps
    > > with Q/R buckles, the top two obviously fix to handlebars but I can't
    see
    > > how the bottom strap fit to the bike, the bars being well ahead of the
    > stem.
    > > Can the bag be converted to Q/R with a handlebar mount and bag plate. Anyone know of a system
    > > that includes both. Tried Agu, Rixen & Kaul and various searches on the internet to no avail.
    > >
    > > John R

  5. M Series

    M Series Guest

    I don't know if I can locate the part, its in my touring box which is in the loft. We are going
    into the loft this weekend to put some things away so I'll take the digital camera with me to get a
    pic. If I fail in this mission I'll try to draw it and scan it for you later today, after I have
    been cycling.

    I have been thinking about replacing my bag as the zip has gone and I need a new one for next years
    E2E. If you decide to get a different one, please let me know, if it will fit my frame perhaps we
    can do business.

    "John Redman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sounds exactly what I'm needing. Any chance of a photo of the frame so I can get a better idea and
    > perhaps make one myself.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > John R "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I have a Agu Bar bag which is very old, it was purchased in the late
    > 1980s.
    > > It came with a steel frame which hooks over the stem and provides two
    > prongs
    > > pointing forward onto which the bag slides with the aid of sleeve on
    each
    > > side. The frame has a piece in the centre pointing down which prevents
    the
    > > bag from flapping down. The bag has three straps, one to fasten around
    > this
    > > vertical piece and two to fasten on the frame that is parallel to my handlebars, perhaps yours
    > > is the same.
    > >

    > > "John Redman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:L%[email protected]...
    > > > Just purchased an Agu Handlebar Bag 520 on Ebay. Checking retailers websites prior to
    > > > purchasing on Ebay I noticed that the bags come
    fitted
    > > > with a baggy plate to allow a KlickFix mounting. I was disappointed
    > > note
    > > > on receipt of said bag that it hasn't got a plate to allow affixing to
    > > > Klickfix mounting, must be an older model. It is fitted with three
    > straps
    > > > with Q/R buckles, the top two obviously fix to handlebars but I can't
    > see
    > > > how the bottom strap fit to the bike, the bars being well ahead of the
    > > stem.
    > > > Can the bag be converted to Q/R with a handlebar mount and bag plate. Anyone know of a system
    > > > that includes both. Tried Agu, Rixen & Kaul
    and
    > > > various searches on the internet to no avail.
    > > >
    > > > John R

  6. M Series

    M Series Guest

    Further to my other response, just been told by the wife, who has to hold the ladder for me, that we
    will not be able to go into the loft until Sunday

    "John Redman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sounds exactly what I'm needing. Any chance of a photo of the frame so I can get a better idea and
    > perhaps make one myself.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > John R "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I have a Agu Bar bag which is very old, it was purchased in the late
    > 1980s.
    > > It came with a steel frame which hooks over the stem and provides two
    > prongs
    > > pointing forward onto which the bag slides with the aid of sleeve on
    each
    > > side. The frame has a piece in the centre pointing down which prevents
    the
    > > bag from flapping down. The bag has three straps, one to fasten around
    > this
    > > vertical piece and two to fasten on the frame that is parallel to my handlebars, perhaps yours
    > > is the same.
    > >

    > > "John Redman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:L%[email protected]...
    > > > Just purchased an Agu Handlebar Bag 520 on Ebay. Checking retailers websites prior to
    > > > purchasing on Ebay I noticed that the bags come
    fitted
    > > > with a baggy plate to allow a KlickFix mounting. I was disappointed
    > > note
    > > > on receipt of said bag that it hasn't got a plate to allow affixing to
    > > > Klickfix mounting, must be an older model. It is fitted with three
    > straps
    > > > with Q/R buckles, the top two obviously fix to handlebars but I can't
    > see
    > > > how the bottom strap fit to the bike, the bars being well ahead of the
    > > stem.
    > > > Can the bag be converted to Q/R with a handlebar mount and bag plate. Anyone know of a system
    > > > that includes both. Tried Agu, Rixen & Kaul
    and
    > > > various searches on the internet to no avail.
    > > >
    > > > John R

  7. You need a part which is available from the German bike mail-order company www.roseversand.de if
    you're stuck.

    it's part no 498441 and retails at 5 euro.

    I have that system with that part myself for a brilliant Agu Bar bag for cameras. the 525 bag.

  8. Peter

    Peter Guest

    John you are absolutely right about the bottom strap. I think it was there so the bag could be used
    on old dutch bikes without the clickfix adapter the bottom strap could be attached to the stem that
    went in the headpost. The top straps where attached to the handlebar. After some researching you may
    also be lucky with Rixen Kaul who make the adapters in the UK their representative is : Greyville
    Enterprises GB-WS 14 9TZ Lichfield, Telefon (+44) 15 43 / 25 13 28 e-mail: [email protected]

    Hope this helped you some more

    Peter

    "John Redman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've only just bought the bag and don't want to part with it, but if you
    buy
    > a new one, you won't need the old frame 'cause the new models have a Q/R mech. ??????? It's been
    > suggested that the item below is what I need but it differs from your description in that there
    > doesn't appear to be a lower piece for the bottom strap to fasten to, and only supports 2kg so not
    > sure if it will do as the barbag is quite a large one.
    >

    > I await your comments with much appreciation.
    >
    > John R
    >
    > "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I don't know if I can locate the part, its in my touring box which is in
    > the
    > > loft. We are going into the loft this weekend to put some things away so I'll take the digital
    > > camera with me to get a pic. If I fail in this
    > mission
    > > I'll try to draw it and scan it for you later today, after I have been cycling.
    > >
    > > I have been thinking about replacing my bag as the zip has gone and I
    need
    > > new one for next years E2E. If you decide to get a different one, please
    > let
    > > me know, if it will fit my frame perhaps we can do business.
    > >

    > > "John Redman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Sounds exactly what I'm needing. Any chance of a photo of the frame
    so
    > > > can get a better idea and perhaps make one myself.
    > > >
    > > > Many thanks
    > > >
    > > > John R "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > 1980s.
    > > > prongs
    > > each
    > > the
    > > > this

    > > fitted
    > > > straps
    > can't
    > > > see
    > the
    > plate.
    Kaul
    > > and

  9. I spotted today in my garage that I have 2 spares which came with Klikfix sets.

  10. John Redman

    John Redman Guest

    Doesn't look like the one that MSERIES describes in an earlier post in this thread as ther is no
    part of the rack to secure the bottom strap to. I also note that the max weight for the bag on this
    frame is a meagre 2kg, not enough I would have thought for a 10 ltr bag. If I turn out to be wrong I
    may be interested in purchasing one of your spare ones, what's your price?

    John R

    news:[email protected]...