Ah, the Summer of Danny begins.

MotownBikeBoy

Nov 24, 2012
"Maybe this will be my year" - Train So, we had a real taste of spring here tonight, about 70 out, balmy feeling (after the weekend of 30's and snow showers). Got home from work, thank God today was April 15th, our tax preparation mad season is over. My first chance to wear the Zoic Antidote shorts I bought a few weeks ago, I went out and did a quick 10, still not fully over a bad reaction to a change in prescription meds last week, so I'm off my self-designed training regimen. Nevertheless, what a beautiful night. So great to be able to ride without dressing like I'm going on an arctic expedition. Last summer was not a great one; I am looking forward to an epic summer of great rides in 2013. How about you? Anything you are looking forward to??

Long days in the saddle and getting away from Ohio to ride mountains. That's what I'm looking forward to. Ohio's only slightly more scenic than a strip mall parking lot.

I'm going to start commuting to work by bike next week and I'm excited about that. I've gotten in a half dozen rides so far this year, between cold snaps and rain storms.

This weekend, my bride and I are riding in a fund raiser for a local MTBer that was paralyzed a few years ago, the Keith Wheeler WheelOut. We're doing the Cap2Cap ride next month and I've got the TourdeCure coming up in June.

I'm looking forward to my goal of 2500 miles this year. I realize that's nothing for some members but I have to work to find that much time to do ride.

Keep the pedals turning!

Brian in VA

I'm doing the Tour de Cure, too, I signed up for the 100 km, AND, I've already raised about $300, which makes me happy. I haven't even hit up the rich relatives that live in the million dollar plus home in CT, that should be good for at least a few hundred bucks more.

My stated goal for the year is 5000 miles. Which, based on work and life, is completely unrealistic, I think I can pull of 3700-4000 if luck is with me. But, I find it irrelevant whether or not I make 5000, it's the principle behind it, that I'm really committed to this thing, that matters IMHO.

I had an even better ride Tuesday night, I hit a great average speed (for me) of 18.9, which is a couple miles higher than I had been hitting. I know that sucks compared to guys riding road bikes for speed, but I'm happy with it, given everything.

Finally, I downloaded some more albums from Amazon, a couple of older Goo Goo Dolls I didn't have, End of The Innocence by Don Henley, and a couple of U2 I didn't have. I need fresh music to ride to.

Looking forward to ever escalating temperatures and longer evenings in the NE to stretch out evening rides in my local park after work. We're halfway there. We haven't had anything in the 70's yet, but last weekend was in the high 50's/low 60's. And my arms are aching something serious for a bold farmers tan.

danfoz said:
Looking forward to ever escalating temperatures and longer evenings in the NE to stretch out evening rides in my local park after work. We're halfway there. We haven't had anything in the 70's yet, but last weekend was in the high 50's/low 60's. And my arms are aching something serious for a bold farmers tan.
78°F in Ohio right now, and it's expected to hit 80°.

danfoz said:
Looking forward to ever escalating temperatures and longer evenings in the NE to stretch out evening rides in my local park after work. We're halfway there. We haven't had anything in the 70's yet, but last weekend was in the high 50's/low 60's. And my arms are aching something serious for a bold farmers tan.

Originally Posted by alienator .

NYC could use a little 78F right about now. We're currently floating at 57.

Tonight's ride - didn't happen. Got less than half a mile and rear brake broke. Better luck next time.

MotownBikeBoy said:
Tonight's ride - didn't happen. Got less than half a mile and rear brake broke. Better luck next time.
Rear brake broke? Explain, please.

Where the cable attached to the structure of the brake. I'm not mechanical enough to know the correct terminology. Metal fatigue I guess, a small piece broke off. No big deal, dropping off at the shop on the way home from work.

Tonight's weather, 37 degrees, tropical storm force winds, and flurries. I'm planning on going, unless I wuss out and say **** this weather ****.