Aheadset fitting

Minimad

Guest
i have just brought a Aheadset threadless to put into my frame (Raleigh RSP250). Do i really need
the tool to put this in as i dont really want to crack the frame or is there a way to get away
without buying it? If not how much will it cost in the UK thanks for any help Michael

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 20:30:45 +0000, MiniMAD did issue forth:

> i have just brought a Aheadset threadless to put into my frame (Raleigh RSP250). Do i really need
> the tool to put this in as i dont really want to crack the frame or is there a way to get away
> without buying it? If not how much will it cost in the UK thanks for any help

You can pick up a Cyclus headset press for £30 from Wiggle.

Alternatively, you can get a bit of wood and a hammer, and carefully drift the cups in like this.

Huw Pritchard wrote:

>>i have just brought a Aheadset threadless to put into my frame (Raleigh RSP250). Do i really need
>>the tool to put this in as i dont really want to crack the frame or is there a way to get away
>>without buying it? If not how much will it cost in the UK thanks for any help
>

> You can pick up a Cyclus headset press for £30 from Wiggle.
>
> Alternatively, you can get a bit of wood and a hammer, and carefully drift the cups in like this.

I love your use of the word 'drift'. I prefer 'batter' :)

> Huw Pritchard wrote:
>
> >>i have just brought a Aheadset threadless to put into my frame (Raleigh RSP250). Do i really
> >>need the tool to put this in as i dont really want to crack the frame or is there a way to get
> >>away without buying it? If not how much will it cost in the UK thanks for any help
> >

> > You can pick up a Cyclus headset press for £30 from Wiggle.
> >
> > Alternatively, you can get a bit of wood and a hammer, and carefully
drift
> > the cups in like this.
>
> I love your use of the word 'drift'. I prefer 'batter' :)

Especially strange considering the man watched me spend an entire afternoon trying to get the cups
into the head tube of his Barracuda road bike (a machine that I affectionately refer to as
"Herpes"). Binkie, on the other hand, is a pleasure to bang a headset into (I think its on its fifth
or sixth now) as the head tube is the right size in the first place.

Andy Chequer

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 00:03:54 +0000, Andy Chequer did issue forth:

> Especially strange considering the man watched me spend an entire afternoon trying to get the cups
> into the head tube of his Barracuda road bike (a machine that I affectionately refer to as
> "Herpes"). Binkie, on the other hand, is a pleasure to bang a headset into (I think its on its
> fifth or sixth now) as the head tube is the right size in the first place.

Yesbut... how long did it take you to get a headset into my P7?

A week after you left, that Baccaruda road bike is still upside down, and hasn't moved from where
you left it. It really is a hateful piece of ****.