Aheadset

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Jim, Mar 18, 2003.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    I have a standard aheadset and have removed the outer spacer to get my position a bit lower. I now
    have a very loose headset which I don't know how to fix.

    I'm guessing the star-fangled jobbie inside the fork column has something to do with this but I'm at
    a loss as to what to do.

    Can anyone provide any assistance?

    Thanks, Jim.

    Tags:

  2. David Adams

    David Adams Guest

    Put the washer you have taken off above the stem - under the star fangled nut and then tighten
    as normal...

    "Jim" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have a standard aheadset and have removed the outer spacer to get my position a bit lower. I now
    > have a very loose headset which I don't know
    how
    > to fix.
    >
    > I'm guessing the star-fangled jobbie inside the fork column has something
    > do with this but I'm at a loss as to what to do.
    >
    > Can anyone provide any assistance?
    >
    > Thanks, Jim.

  3. Msa

    Msa Guest

    David Adams <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Put the washer you have taken off above the stem - under the star fangled nut and then tighten as
    > normal...

    And then, and only then, when your completely happy with the height can you trim the steerer down
    and lose the top spacer...if ya want.

    --
    Mark

    "Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

  4. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Cheers guys.