Aheadset

Jim

Guest
I have a standard aheadset and have removed the outer spacer to get my position a bit lower. I now
have a very loose headset which I don't know how to fix.

I'm guessing the star-fangled jobbie inside the fork column has something to do with this but I'm at
a loss as to what to do.

Can anyone provide any assistance?

Thanks, Jim.

Put the washer you have taken off above the stem - under the star fangled nut and then tighten
as normal...

"Jim" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have a standard aheadset and have removed the outer spacer to get my position a bit lower. I now
> have a very loose headset which I don't know
how
> to fix.
>
> I'm guessing the star-fangled jobbie inside the fork column has something
> do with this but I'm at a loss as to what to do.
>
> Can anyone provide any assistance?
>
> Thanks, Jim.

David Adams <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Put the washer you have taken off above the stem - under the star fangled nut and then tighten as
> normal...

And then, and only then, when your completely happy with the height can you trim the steerer down
and lose the top spacer...if ya want.

--
Mark

"Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

Cheers guys.