Aid for ketogenic diets?

Really? Yes, I know that it's the "amount of ketones" in your blood
that determines if you are in ketosis, but to call your blood sugar
level "utterly irrelevant" is a gross overstatement. As if there's no
correlation.

"3W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Really? Yes, I know that it's the "amount of ketones" in your blood
> that determines if you are in ketosis, but to call your blood sugar
> level "utterly irrelevant" is a gross overstatement. As if there's no
> correlation.

Talking to yourself troll??

Learn to attribute.

Then somebody may take you seriously.

"3W" <[email protected]> wrote

> Really?

Really.

> Yes, I know that it's the "amount of ketones" in your blood
> that determines if you are in ketosis, but to call your blood sugar
> level "utterly irrelevant" is a gross overstatement.

No, it's not an overstatement, gross or otherwise.

> As if there's no correlation.

As if. I know people who have very high blood sugar levels AND high blood
ketone levels. So?

A successful ketogenic diet requires absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of
your blood sugar level. Zero. Naught. Nada. None. Zip. Squat.

David

> As if. I know people who have very high blood sugar levels AND high blood
> ketone levels. So?

So they are not the norm.

> A successful ketogenic diet requires absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of
> your blood sugar level. Zero. Naught. Nada. None. Zip. Squat.

In theory, no. In practice, yes, for most people.

"3W" <[email protected]> wrote
>> As if. I know people who have very high blood sugar levels AND high blood
>> ketone levels. So?

> So they are not the norm.

And this has what, exactly, to do with the successful management of a
ketogenic diet?

>> A successful ketogenic diet requires absolutely no knowledge whatsoever
>> of
>> your blood sugar level. Zero. Naught. Nada. None. Zip. Squat.

> In theory, no. In practice, yes, for most people.

In theory, no. In practice, no.

I'm sorry if this is not the reality that you wish to have exist, but human
anatomy and physiology really doesn't care about your wishes.

Knowledge of your blood sugar level is utterly, totally, irrelevant to the
management of a successful ketogenic diet. In practice. For everybody.

David

In article <[email protected]>,
David Cohen <[email protected]> wrote:
>"3W" <[email protected]> wrote

>>> A successful ketogenic diet requires absolutely no knowledge whatsoever
>>> of
>>> your blood sugar level. Zero. Naught. Nada. None. Zip. Squat.

>> In theory, no. In practice, yes, for most people.

>In theory, no. In practice, no.
>
>I'm sorry if this is not the reality that you wish to have exist, but human
>anatomy and physiology really doesn't care about your wishes.
>
>Knowledge of your blood sugar level is utterly, totally, irrelevant to the
>management of a successful ketogenic diet. In practice. For everybody.

In fact, if you have a reasonable definition of "successful", even
knowing your ketone level doesn't matter. (Further, per Lyle, your
ketone level itself doesn't matter all that much, either.)

Seth
--
"There is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate" -- Will Brink
Except sushi rice, seaweed, and wasabi.

"Seth Breidbart" <[email protected]> wrote
> David Cohen <[email protected]> wrote:
>>"3W" <[email protected]> wrote

>>> In theory, no. In practice, yes, for most people.

>>In theory, no. In practice, no.
>>
>>I'm sorry if this is not the reality that you wish to have exist, but
>>human
>>anatomy and physiology really doesn't care about your wishes.
>>
>>Knowledge of your blood sugar level is utterly, totally, irrelevant to the
>>management of a successful ketogenic diet. In practice. For everybody.

> In fact, if you have a reasonable definition of "successful", even
> knowing your ketone level doesn't matter. (Further, per Lyle, your
> ketone level itself doesn't matter all that much, either.)

Your facts are, indeed, facts.

And timely. Nice to see your local bending of spacetime has been resolved.

David

In article <[email protected]>,
"3W" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > As if. I know people who have very high blood sugar levels AND high blood
> > ketone levels. So?

> So they are not the norm.

Duh.
It's called Diabetic Ketoacidosis.

The ketone production in a diabetis is not BDK.
Different mechanism.

> > A successful ketogenic diet requires absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of
> > your blood sugar level. Zero. Naught. Nada. None. Zip. Squat.

> In theory, no. In practice, yes, for most people.

BS.

Do more research please?

I've been successfully staying in BDK now since mid-January.
My average blood glucose is around 90.

I don't spike 'cause I know how to follow a LC diet.

In BDK, blood glucose levels are irrelevant.

--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

In article <[email protected]>,
"David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "3W" <[email protected]> wrote
> >> As if. I know people who have very high blood sugar levels AND high blood
> >> ketone levels. So?

> > So they are not the norm.

> And this has what, exactly, to do with the successful management of a
> ketogenic diet?
> >
> >> A successful ketogenic diet requires absolutely no knowledge whatsoever
> >> of
> >> your blood sugar level. Zero. Naught. Nada. None. Zip. Squat.

> > In theory, no. In practice, yes, for most people.

> In theory, no. In practice, no.
>
> I'm sorry if this is not the reality that you wish to have exist, but human
> anatomy and physiology really doesn't care about your wishes.
>
> Knowledge of your blood sugar level is utterly, totally, irrelevant to the
> management of a successful ketogenic diet. In practice. For everybody.
>
> David

Agreed. ;-)
--

[email protected] (Seth Breidbart) wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> David Cohen <[email protected]> wrote:
> >"3W" <[email protected]> wrote

> >> In theory, no. In practice, yes, for most people.

> >In theory, no. In practice, no.
> >
> >I'm sorry if this is not the reality that you wish to have exist, but human
> >anatomy and physiology really doesn't care about your wishes.
> >
> >Knowledge of your blood sugar level is utterly, totally, irrelevant to the
> >management of a successful ketogenic diet. In practice. For everybody.

> In fact, if you have a reasonable definition of "successful", even
> knowing your ketone level doesn't matter. (Further, per Lyle, your
> ketone level itself doesn't matter all that much, either.)
>
> Seth

But that little purple pad is inspirational. ;-)

Stupid, maybe, but true........