AIDS hits U.S. blacks harder than other groups

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by dougadam, Mar 9, 2007.

1. dougadam

dougadam Member

http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNews/idUSN0832573520070309

Tags:

2. JTE83

JTE83 Member

Hey, I'm not racist, but I think those black people are getting really carried away with their immoral promiscious sex.

I really think we shouldn't be giving away billions to those Africans who are dying of Aids in Africa because of their carelessness about sex. We got more important things to do like take care of the poor people here in the USA.

3. djrocker257

djrocker257 New Member

Do you think the intravenous drug use, the disdain for education, the lack of a work ethic ,disappearance of the family unit, the glorification of drug dealers and gangs might have something to do with it.

Naaah, it must be our fault. Let's start another govt program to deal with it.
    The ones we have seem to be working so well.

It is time the black community has to step up to the plate and say we have to change the values of our society.

4. JTE83

JTE83 Member

Their stupid crap music gangsta rap and hip hop music also promotes their stupid lifestyle. I don't understand why other people like such music.

5. Powerful Pete

Powerful Pete New Member

Yes, I agree. I do not understand why anyone would like that music. Let us put all of those "stupid crap music gangsta rap and hip hop lovers" in concentration camps.

And not waste money on Africans that the US could spend on people on welfare with felony convictions purchasing CF cervelos in the good 'ole US of A!

:rolleyes:

6. El Loto

El Loto New Member

The problem is more a cultural one that a moral one. The Catholic church doesn't help either. The answer is simple: Education Education Education.
    I watched a documentary in school last year and guys were saying "I prefer the feeling of flesh to flesh", "nobody likes a banana with a skin on", so they really need to be told how contraception can help even if there will be a slight loss of pleasure.

7. djrocker257

djrocker257 New Member

I can't blame the Catholic Church, not many blacks are Catholic. I do criticize their mores. Being educated is percieved as being " white ". That
    is unacceptable to the younger generation. Too bad Too sad.

8. El Loto

El Loto New Member

You can blame them in the Developing World. Like the Phillipines. I work with a guy who is half-Filipino and he said there are a lot of young mothers over there as they listen strictly to the Vatican.

9. JTE83

JTE83 Member

I truly don't understand this statement and where you're coming from. I'm full Fillipino too and visited the Phillipines in 2005 and never heard of an epidemic Aids problem there. What can you say about the Phillipines when you're from Scotland?

The Phillippines is poor, but it is not a major fucked up nation as most African nations are with their dictators and even slavery of their fellow blacks.

10. djrocker257

djrocker257 New Member

I can't blame the Vatican. When most aids cases are from homosexual sex/intravenous drug use.

11. baj32161

baj32161 New Member

Funny this sure sounds racist to me. I happen to be black. Guys like you amuse me. Please try to tell me what was not racist about your statement.

Come on people...have any of you even bothered to check this guys (the OP I mean) other posts? You have been sucked right in.

12. JTE83

JTE83 Member

Why would I be racist when I'm a minority myself? And I have experienced racism in the workplace too. Grew up in a black / hispanic neighborhood that changed into mostly white.

What other posts I have made that are racist?

I've seen numerous TV shows of how Africa is a fucked up place, that's just a fact, not a racist statement! Like Oprah Winfrey's show on child slavery in Africa.

13. Pendejo

Pendejo Member

The sad truth is that almost everybody is a racist to some degree. It seems to be hardwired into the human psyche. Otherwise, it's hard to explain why after several thousand years we have made almost no moral progress at all.

14. baj32161

baj32161 New Member

Well you have just shown your ignorance. Some of the worst racists I know ARE minorities. I am black and I have some relatives who are incorrigible racists....yes my "friend" blacks can be racists too.

Of course the article was talking about the US. I love it when people make a racist statemenet such as the one you made, then try to justify it with such a weak argument. And if you believe everything you see on TV shows then I now know that there is no need to consider your point of view. Africa MAY be a mess but I would not think that just because of what I saw on TV....Oprah?!?!..please!!...since when has SHE been an unbiased investigative reporter. If I lived in some of the countries I have visited and believed everything I saw on their TV I would think that the US is a fucked up place, which I do anyway.

Don't forget to wash your hood and robe when you take them off.

15. baj32161

baj32161 New Member

There may be more truth in this than any of us care to admit.

16. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I can not agree with the thinking that the church or government will solve problems.
    Social patterns are developed from youth and without strong family ethics and responsibilities being instilled,it is an uphill battle and usually a losing one.
    Moral and ethical values are taught, not imposed or legislated.

17. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

I don't think so. I think people are tribalistic; their self identuty is tied to the group they belong to. Whether their "tribe" is their department at work or a social clique at school, they tend to have friction with other "tribes." With the U.S.'s current social structure, tribes form around racial groups in most parts of the country. I tend to think that if we had a more homegeneous society then we would not have racial problems.

18. El Loto

El Loto New Member

If you'd looked I don't mention AIDs at all in my statement. I was simply creating a sub-topic regarding an earlier comment about the church.

Surely Imelda Marcos is just as mad as an African dictator. And most African leaders are elected by a plurality.

19. OoAmericanGirl

OoAmericanGirl New Member

Well, the way I see it is that this is a perpetual problem. Their parents are irresponsible and therefore their kids turn out irresponsible (not always).

Most of the delivaries at my hospital are to women under 20 and less that 2/3 of them are married, which really shocks alot of my older co-workers. I've noticed that there is a large increase of repeat delivaries under 17.

20. baj32161

baj32161 New Member

Well what can YOU say about "those blacks" when you're Filipino? Do you want a bigger shovel for that hole you're digging?

Glass houses anyone?

There should be a politics forum in here...this does not belong in any cycling related forum and the OP has done this kind of crap many times...post some inflammatory crap and run. He is probably sitting on his fat ass laughing at all of us right now. I see he has posted another AIDS related thread about a Chinese leader or something. Let's see if that gets as much attention and negativity as a thread about American Blacks....I am guessing it won't. Most cultures are to be excused for stuff like this. Mention blacks in America and all of the "I am not a racist, but" non-black people come running. It must be very nice for some of you to have such a convenient target. I pity those of you who do this. I am surprised that I haven't seen the old tried and true "Some of my best friends are black" line yet.:rolleyes: