Ain't that the way it goes !!!

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Mr. Beanz, May 4, 2020.

1. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Well-Known Member

Of course ya check your tires, all is good. The little wear indicators are there, not much sing of wear, smooth rolling.

You go online, order a new stash of tires thinking it's cool. they arrive and you're way ahead of the game. You do like 3 rides more rides then look down at your tire and the front is toast. Missing rubber section, chords showing, looks like a flat waiting to happen. Really went downhill quick. How can a tire go from cool wear indicators to snot in 3 rides?

I know how, order some new tires, that'll do it! :mad:

Like washing your car, you know it's going to rain! :D:D:D

Have this thing, get a haircut, month and half later, wake up in the morning, wife says, "you're hair looks like it's STARTING to get long." Didn't look long the night before when I hit the sack, but by the end of the day, my hair is like 6 inches longer! ;)

We have a thing, we don't talk about my hair a month after a haircut or it will definitely get long over night like tires, you don't talk about tires and flats and you know when you get a new stash, your current tires are going to fall apart in the blink of an eye.:p

Tags:

2. Germanrazor

Germanrazor Member

Dang.....should not have read yyuu our post! I am jinxed now....lol

Mr. Beanz likes this.
  3. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

Geez, that is weird, did you put in 500 miles in those 3 rides?

I never had that happen, but I did have a pair of Hutchinson Intensive tires that who ever made the tires, glued down the tread over the carcass and glued it to the sidewalls, like a retread, after about 300 miles they became unglued, and that happened over night. Hutchinson did not respond to my many emails about it either. So that's the first time and last time I buy Hutchinson tires. It wouldn't been so bad had Hutchinson responded and made good on their product, what pissed me off was they never responded to over a dozen emails; and yes, I check junk box everyday; zero customer service. Nothing like Topeak who has wonderful customer service even after the warranty has expired they'll try to help you, I have a handlebar bag and needed a new holding cable, they sent it for free after the warranty was gone!

4. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Well-Known Member