Air Horn

baby d

Aug 20, 2003
Where can i find a hand held air horn????
i have searched everywhere and can not seem to find one, can someone please help me, im in perth

thankz

Originally posted by baby d
Where can i find a hand held air horn????
i have searched everywhere and can not seem to find one, can someone please help me, im in perth

thankz
If you're looking for a hand-operated one, like what people use at local school swimming pool competitions or whatever, try a sports gear store.

I seem to recall my local bike store (in Melbourne) having a bike-mounted one of these in a "bargain bin."

If you have a chat to them, they might be able to ship it to you; the shop is Cycle Science in Mitcham (www.cyclescience.com.au)

Get a whistle (unless its against regs in your state). Its hands free and really loud. See the post "Whistle While you Wheel" in the commuting forum, and check out my latest blog post (8/19/03)for how I used my whistle in a recent incident. www.bicyclecommutingnow.blogspot.com

yeah mate, i'd say a whistle's better. tried a airhorn before but gave up on the hassles of refills. besides, nothing catches a driver's attention more than a whistle... thinking it's a cop.