Air shock to fit GT XCR 4000

Nate33

Aug 21, 2006
Gday folks.

Im looking to fit an air shock to the rear of my bike. I bought it from Bicycle Recycle in Moorabbin a while ago. The guy who helped me there was great, but he tried a couple of different types of shocks and couldn't get them to fit.

Does anyone know what shock would fit a GT XCR 4000?

Where can I source one?

I also want to put some hydraulic disc brakes on the rear wheel. Does anyone have any suggestions for what would suit the bike best. I have Shimano Deore hydraulics brakes on the front.

Someone told me that I might not get an air shock to fit the rear because of the angle the rear suspension is set at. Can anyone confirm this?

Any advice would be much appreciated. If I can't get a shock to fit the rear I will be looking to sell the bike because I'm sick of it being on constant dual suspension. I want the ability to turn it off at the rear.

Cheers.

I have an CC AD5 on my XCR 5000. It fits, but theres one slight problem. In order to air up the shock, you have to take it off. Its not a big problem, and it only take 5 minutes for the whole procedure (loosen bolts, air up shock, and reinstall) but it would be nice to find a 90 degree bend valve to make it easier. Its a GREAT shock for that bike, and it transformed it dramatically. Just set the shock for a slow rebound to avoid the ejector seat feeling.