Air Zound 3?

Richard

Guest
My trusty Air Zound 2 expired not so much with a bang as with a soft
fiffling noise; the valve is shot. So I'm looking to replace it. Is
the Air Zound 3 as good/better?

TIA,
R.

Richard wrote:
> My trusty Air Zound 2 expired not so much with a bang as with a soft
> fiffling noise; the valve is shot. So I'm looking to replace it. Is
> the Air Zound 3 as good/better?
>
> TIA,
> R.

are you sure it's the valve. Sometimes they get a bit of dirt in them.
Take the back off (red round blobby bit),carefully left the foil
diaphragm off and dust it all out. then do the Haynes manual bit.

--
"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal" (Fowler, Chicken Run)

Pete Whelan wrote:
> Richard wrote:
>> My trusty Air Zound 2 expired not so much with a bang as with
>> a soft fiffling noise; the valve is shot. So I'm looking to
>> replace it. Is the Air Zound 3 as good/better?
>>
>> TIA,
>> R.

> are you sure it's the valve. Sometimes they get a bit of dirt
> in them. Take the back off (red round blobby bit),carefully
> left the foil diaphragm off and dust it all out. then do the
> Haynes manual bit.

Mine (version 1) developed a pin hole at the base of the reservoir.
--
Cheers
the.Mark

the.Mark wrote:
> Pete Whelan wrote:
>
>>Richard wrote:
>>
>>>My trusty Air Zound 2 expired not so much with a bang as with
>>>a soft fiffling noise; the valve is shot. So I'm looking to
>>>replace it. Is the Air Zound 3 as good/better?
>>>
>>>TIA,
>>>R.

>>are you sure it's the valve. Sometimes they get a bit of dirt
>> in them. Take the back off (red round blobby bit),carefully
>>left the foil diaphragm off and dust it all out. then do the
>>Haynes manual bit.

> Mine (version 1) developed a pin hole at the base of the reservoir.

A Mk1 version on one of our other bikes has a very small leak around the
'crimp' seal of the bottle. Takes about two days to empty.

--

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 19:12:52 +0100, Pete Whelan wrote:

> then do the Haynes manual bit.

You mean the "why do I have this bit left over when I've put it all back
together" question? :)

Graeme